Via Air

Subscribe
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50 
Page 40 of 62
Go to
Quote: Yes, I see great potential at Via. It’s definately not another regional. I agree, LCC model is a more appropriate description. Getting in at the ground floor is an exciting opportunity to help build a great airline.

Sorry, guys, you are not going to be a LCC with E145s and Brasillias. I read that article and all I saw was a company press release given to an aviation fluffer.

Sorry to be a downer, I’ve seen this time and time again and I’ve been part of it. You will not have longevity running EAS routes and you won’t make big money running 40 to 50 seat jets.

Take the PIC time and move on, 3 years max.
Quote: Sorry, guys, you are not going to be a LCC with E145s and Brasillias. I read that article and all I saw was a company press release given to an aviation fluffer.

Sorry to be a downer, I’ve seen this time and time again and I’ve been part of it. You will not have longevity running EAS routes and you won’t make big money running 40 to 50 seat jets.

Take the PIC time and move on, 3 years max.
EAS routes are going to be Brasilia only soon. The 120 side of the company is run like a separate entity. As for making money with a LCC flying 50 seaters... ExpressJet made a LOT of money flying as a LCC in 145’s. The profit margin is there. I get your skepticism, and I would t pass on an opportunity to go to a major, but going to another LCC like Frontier is a lateral move from my personal situation here.
Quote: EAS routes are going to be Brasilia only soon. The 120 side of the company is run like a separate entity. As for making money with a LCC flying 50 seaters... ExpressJet made a LOT of money flying as a LCC in 145’s. The profit margin is there. I get your skepticism, and I would t pass on an opportunity to go to a major, but going to another LCC like Frontier is a lateral move from my personal situation here.
Agreed. I wouldn't leave either for another regional or most LCC's. The plan isn't for 145's long term anyway. Right now it's what we can fill with enough revenue to support the operation. As the brand grows, so will the loads and so will the fleet type size. We're getting interline ticketing and baggage now with AA which will also help the loads. They're in a good position to make this place grow fairly fast. Happy to be a part of it.
Quote: we're getting interline ticketing and baggage now with aa which will also help the loads.
what . .what . . What?!?!?!
Quote: what . .what . . What?!?!?!
It’s an interline agreement that allows passengers to book connecting flights on our airline through AA. Also allows their bags to transfer. Previously, if you were switching from Via to American in say CLT, you would have to leave security, retrieve your bag from bag claim, and re-check it with American.
Quote: It’s an interline agreement that allows passengers to book connecting flights on our airline through AA. Also allows their bags to transfer. Previously, if you were switching from Via to American in say CLT, you would have to leave security, retrieve your bag from bag claim, and re-check it with American.
Gotcha. . yep that makes sense.
Quote: EAS routes are going to be Brasilia only soon. The 120 side of the company is run like a separate entity. As for making money with a LCC flying 50 seaters... ExpressJet made a LOT of money flying as a LCC in 145’s. The profit margin is there. I get your skepticism, and I would t pass on an opportunity to go to a major, but going to another LCC like Frontier is a lateral move from my personal situation here.
Expressjet was so successful, they stopped doing it even though they had plenty planes resulting in pilots being furloughed
So what's a typical schedule/rotation
looks like ?
Quote: Expressjet was so successful, they stopped doing it even though they had plenty planes resulting in pilots being furloughed
Independence and Xjet had similar problems. Too many planes and related assets and not enough flying without the CPA. In other words just not enough flying to support the debt. That isn’t the same case at Via. Via’s growing organically to fill demand. It went from 30 seat turboprops doing scheduled 135, to 50 seat jets under 121. As it continues to grow so will the fleet size and fleet type. Getting in at the ground floor of a place being run better than most is a good thing.
Quote: looks like ?
That’s a tough one to answer because it varies a lot from month to month. Next month, I work 4 in followed by a week off, the 6 days on the road, then a few days off followed by just a few more days on. Total of 12 days on the road (6 of those on reserve in a company provided hotel).
30  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  50 
Page 40 of 62
Go to