Piedmont Airlines News & Rumors

Subscribe
388  438  478  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  491  492  498  538  588 
Page 488 of 697
Go to
Quote: this thread is like a broken record

If they haven’t fixed it by now, will they ever? Nope!

Once 12-19 rolls around, I do believe things might get a little more interesting.
Thought the same thing myself. It's not going to change until another big institutional change is forced upon PDT by AA. Like a total management revamp. Which, for the record, I don't think is forthcoming.

Maybe Brucey's last gift before retirement will be some more interface magic
Quote: Thought the same thing myself. It's not going to change until another big institutional change is forced upon PDT by AA. Like a total management revamp. Which, for the record, I don't think is forthcoming.

Maybe Brucey's last gift before retirement will be some more interface magic
Better off getting a flow increase.
Quote: Better off getting a flow increase.
I was being facetious, but if that were to happen it would not come from PDT management. It's also a tough sell as PDT is understaffed, and is currently flowing pilots who have been with the company for a couple years less than its sister companies.
Quote: I was being facetious, but if that were to happen it would not come from PDT management. It's also a tough sell as PDT is understaffed, and is currently flowing pilots who have been with the company for a couple years less than its sister companies.
It’s not as tough of a sell as one would think looking at the big picture. Look at the number of folks that Piedmont loses every year. Each one of those pilots should be feeding to AA, and isn’t. They’ve loosing between 10-17 pilots a month for the past year+ (numbers put out by management), 6 of which are flows. That’s A LOT of pilots not going to AA when AA needs them to be long term. AAs hiring construct revolves around the WO being able to feed the AA pipeline. As mainlines hiring needs increase, the WOs need to be able to increase flow.

Look where Piedmont is hemorrhaging the most. Pilots under 3 years on property, who were told a 5 year flow during their recruitment only to find out that it’s actually a 7-9 year flow for them once they get access to the seniority list and are able to do the math. Hiring needs at mainline start being greater than 1000 people in 2020.

PSA and Envoy both got flow increases in the last two years.
Quote: PSA and Envoy both got flow increases in the last two years.
Envoy’s flow increases were to groups who are outside of the ratio based flow which will now take effect in August 2020. We are going from 29 per month, down to 20 when the Protected Pilots are gone, and then the ratio should be around 22 a month after the L10-11 group finishes in August.
Quote: Envoy’s flow increases were to groups who are outside of the ratio based flow which will now take effect in August 2020. We are going from 29 per month, down to 20 when the Protected Pilots are gone, and then the ratio should be around 22 a month after the L10-11 group finishes in August.
For my learning: I thought it was capped at 15 for the L10-11, waived higher by the company. Are we expecting 20 a month?

Just going of the interactive seniority list, showing 15/mo in the calculation.

Also to make the point; it's still slow, or slower, depending how you look at it.
Quote: It’s not as tough of a sell as one would think looking at the big picture. Look at the number of folks that Piedmont loses every year. Each one of those pilots should be feeding to AA, and isn’t. They’ve loosing between 10-17 pilots a month for the past year+ (numbers put out by management), 6 of which are flows. That’s A LOT of pilots not going to AA when AA needs them to be long term. AAs hiring construct revolves around the WO being able to feed the AA pipeline. As mainlines hiring needs increase, the WOs need to be able to increase flow.

Look where Piedmont is hemorrhaging the most. Pilots under 3 years on property, who were told a 5 year flow during their recruitment only to find out that it’s actually a 7-9 year flow for them once they get access to the seniority list and are able to do the math. Hiring needs at mainline start being greater than 1000 people in 2020.

PSA and Envoy both got flow increases in the last two years.

AA doesn’t NEED Their WO RJ pilots. They could hire them off the street like everybody else, no problem.
Quote: For my learning: I thought it was capped at 15 for the L10-11, waived higher by the company. Are we expecting 20 a month?

Also to make the point; it's still slow, or slower, depending how you look at it.
It changed to 20 a month with the pay increase LOA.
Quote: For my learning: I thought it was capped at 15 for the L10-11, waived higher by the company. Are we expecting 20 a month?

The interactive list came out the day before the LOA’s were signed. I’m sure the next one will be updated.
Thanks guys, I should have caught that part...
388  438  478  484  485  486  487  488  489  490  491  492  498  538  588 
Page 488 of 697
Go to