No Degree Aviate

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 11
Go to
Quote: The only things needed to fly part 121 are an ATP and a medical. Everything else is used to filter the thousands of applicants. People who say you don't need a degree to do the job are absolutely correct. But you need the degree to be competitive enough to get the job.

and that is pretty much true for any other professional job. You don’t “need” a degree to be an investment banker or code at Google or to be the CEO at United. But nobody will hire you without one.
Quote: and that is pretty much true for any other professional job. You don’t “need” a degree to be an investment banker or code at Google or to be the CEO at United. But nobody will hire you without one.
how about Richard Branson. High school dropout
Quote: how about Richard Branson. High school dropout
or Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg - college drop outs. Both Harvard.

I guess you shouldn’t attend Harvard?

I like my odds with a degree form Harvard - any college for that matter.
Quote: or Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg - college drop outs. Both Harvard.

Your statement about no one hiring you without one is not correct
Quote: Your statement about no one hiring you without one is not correct
What odds do you prefer?
Quote: What odds do you prefer?
It’s not about that. I’m not disagreeing with you on the odds. But you can’t say that no one gets hired without one. Simply not true
Quote: It’s not about that. I’m not disagreeing with you on the odds. But you can’t say that no one gets hired without one. Simply not true
Right,

Just look at Bill Gates!
Quote: or Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg - college drop outs. Both Harvard.

Trying to remember what employer hired Bill Gates. 🤣
Quote: Trying to remember what employer hired Bill Gates. 🤣
I guess the real question is, how many software engineers does Microsoft hire who don’t have a minimum of a four year degree?
No Degree Aviate
It’s not your rules. It’s not your game. It’s United’s rules and United’s game. If you have a degree you’ll be considered for a pilot position at United, if you don’t have a degree you won’t.

No amount of whining (and there is considerable whining on this thread) will change that simple fact.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Page 5 of 11
Go to