UPS: All hiring's stopped

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 18
Go to
UPS: All hirings stopped
These guys gave notice to their previous employers......regardless of the company's dysfunctional hiring and operational process....how about the Union step up and start a fund for these 24 guys? But then again, 8 out 10 guys are probably living beyond their means and would bich to throw in $20 bucks to do the "right thing."
Quote: These guys gave notice to their previous employers......regardless of the company's dysfunctional hiring and operational process....how about the Union step up and start a fund for these 24 guys? But then again, 8 out 10 guys are probably living beyond their means and would bich to throw in $20 bucks to do the "right thing."
What makes you think the company has given the union the names and addresses of these individuals? Lets just let the EB work the issue from their end, as they are doing. My EB speaks for me comes to mind.
Quote: These guys gave notice to their previous employers......regardless of the company's dysfunctional hiring and operational process....how about the Union step up and start a fund for these 24 guys? But then again, 8 out 10 guys are probably living beyond their means and would bich to throw in $20 bucks to do the "right thing."
It's already been suggested. It's too early to know exactly what's going on and how long this "delay" will be but the EB is looking into all options.

The management of this company deserves a reward for uniting our group. In my humble, and admittedly biased opinion no other airline has such a strong and determined Union. ...and they're making sure it'll stay so for a looong time. They galvanized the bottom 300 and now they're continuing their tradition of "inspiring" distrust and distaste for our management team with pilots who haven't even started here!!?

This is our company's managment style:

The Union is working the issue. We need to speak with one voice on this matter. My union leadership speaks for me and whatever they ask me to do on this matter, I will do!

Remember, this is UPS. My fear is that such a huge deal is being made of this issue(which it is), these 24 will never see a day of employment here(which in the long run may be good for them). UPS may just bypass them and choose others in the pool because they know these individuals will always have a bitter view of the company.

Let's sit back, wait for the EB to advise us and move on from there.
Quote: The Union is working the issue. We need to speak with one voice on this matter. My union leadership speaks for me and whatever they ask me to do on this matter, I will do!

Remember, this is UPS. My fear is that such a huge deal is being made of this issue(which it is), these 24 will never see a day of employment here(which in the long run may be good for them). UPS may just bypass them and choose others in the pool because they know these individuals will always have a bitter view of the company.

well said, If this delay lasts a while and ruins families i would expect ups skip these poor pilots and find other guys. There is always somebody willing to take the job.
Yes. We will continue to get the CFI's and Corporate folks. Like the recent classes indicate.
Quote: Remember, this is UPS. My fear is that such a huge deal is being made of this issue(which it is), these 24 will never see a day of employment here(which in the long run may be good for them). UPS may just bypass them and choose others in the pool because they know these individuals will always have a bitter view of the company.

All very good points. My union speaks for me!
I didn't think that it was possible for UPS pilots to live beyond their means. With all the dough they make and all....yikes!!
Quote: I didn't think that it was possible for UPS pilots to live beyond their means. With all the dough they make and all....yikes!!
This, coming from "Loon", who was very much considering the NURP job, which I'm guessing, he has taken now.

I'm very sorry for the guys/gals caught up in this mess. What a f*()&^ng disgrace, for UPS to treat new-hires that way.
Quote: Has any company since 9/11 had a confirmed class and then pull the plug and told the would bee's to **** off?
Trans States Airlines - November 2009.

We were recalls though, so not new-hires.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  15 
Page 5 of 18
Go to