New TA... again

Subscribe
4  44  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58 
Page 54 of 60
Go to
Quote: Is it the best Gyro platter on earth*?

(*except all the other Gyro platters that are better)
Quote: I’m the most attractive man alive, with a few billion exceptions.

This is fun thinking.
These are the best two posts from this whole thread. Sorry I missed ya Pitch to share that gyro. Operational excellence and maintenance delays are basically synonyms these days.
To everyone here saying we make more than others because we fly 50 seats and they fly 70 seats.. I hate to break it to you but this is a faulty logic. A regional pays a pilot to fill a seat on a jet based on experience of that pilot, not how many seats are behind him. If the qualifications are identical, hiring standards should be the same and pay should be similar between companies. A region hires an FO with 1500 hours regardless of what plane they are flying, that FO upgrades at 1000ish hours regardless of what plane they are flying. We are hired based on our hours and experience, everyone entering at a regional and upgrading now a days is at very similar experience ranges. There is no reason for huge pay differences.
Quote: To everyone here saying we make more than others because we fly 50 seats and they fly 70 seats.. I hate to break it to you but this is a faulty logic. A regional pays a pilot to fill a seat on a jet based on experience of that pilot, not how many seats are behind him. If the qualifications are identical, hiring standards should be the same and pay should be similar between companies. A region hires an FO with 1500 hours regardless of what plane they are flying, that FO upgrades at 1000ish hours regardless of what plane they are flying. We are hired based on our hours and experience, everyone entering at a regional and upgrading now a days is at very similar experience ranges. There is no reason for huge pay differences.
Exactly. Look at UPS. Same pay across the board no matter how many boxes are behind them.
No one here says we make more cause we fly 50 and they fly 70. Not everyone has a blended rate for all equipment either, in fact it's not the norm industry wide. Most pay more for larger equipment.
Quote: No one here says we make more cause we fly 50 and they fly 70. Not everyone has a blended rate for all equipment either, in fact it's not the norm industry wide. Most pay more for larger equipment.
Correct, larger equipment does pay more for majors and business jets. In the majors the bigger equipment almost exclusively goes senior while in business jets it goes to people with more experience. Hence more experience=more pay. At the regional level the experience for those flying 50-76 seats is almost identical across the board. For this reason pay should be the same. I hate when people are saying they make more cause they only fly 76 seat jets, it’s a moot point when they are at the same career point as us. I have also heard numerous people make the argument that we make more “per passenger” hour or some derivative of this because we only have 50 seats.
Quote: Exactly. Look at UPS. Same pay across the board no matter how many boxes are behind them.
UPS is the outlier though. They also have probably the strongest Union in the industry.
Quote: No one here says we make more cause we fly 50 and they fly 70. Not everyone has a blended rate for all equipment either, in fact it's not the norm industry wide. Most pay more for larger equipment.
Blah blah blah EXCEPT.... you aren't winning this debate.
Quote: Blah blah blah EXCEPT.... you aren't winning this debate.
Ups, Omni, and a few select others are the only ones who have a single rate for all equipment. Prove me wrong.
Quote: UPS is the outlier though. They also have probably the strongest Union in the industry.
The company (air wisconsin) who always prided themselves on being the best or as you compare it to another “outlier” no longer holds that card and you are defending that? It’s no longer an industry leading contract. Other regionals will hire someone who can fog a mirror and pay them more as well as hotels for commutes, luggage and uniforms from day one. They also get get trip rig and a duty pay as well as cancellation pay for weather and mainly.

You guys are brainwashed thinking this is a good deal.
Quote: Ups, Omni, and a few select others are the only ones who have a single rate for all equipment. Prove me wrong.
I’m not proving you wrong. It’s a comparison. Your logic doesn’t make sense and you are saying we should just be subpar or equal instead of industry leading.

It’s a pilots market right? Act like it.
4  44  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58 
Page 54 of 60
Go to