Furlough estimate

Subscribe
8  48  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  68  108  158 
Page 58 of 195
Go to
Quote: 2300 is pretty close. I keep a close eye since I’m within 200 or so of it! Like everything else in aviation, believe it when your bottom is in the seat. I would have preferred an answer of “nope, don’t think we’ll need to take seats out” but worst case planning should include furloughing that deep I suppose. As of now I can still hope it’s just a what if plan - I’ll be much more worried when/if the first seats start getting pulled.

And what number are you using as the total number of pilots?
Quote: The town halls are scripted crap. They have already answered the questions they are going to answer long before they hit the record button.

Lee
I expected more from the flight ops town halls but the last one kind of degenerated into crap as well. I’ll give the one on the 21st a shot and if it sucks too I’ll be done.

Over the coming weeks and months ALPA should plan on holding the company’s feet to the fire for a straight answer on the 76 to 70 seat conversions. If they actually start modifications then we’ll know what we are in for.
Watch the MEC P2P video that was sent out tonight... the percentage/number (and what pilot number to base it off of) of possible furloughs was discussed... probably the best guess for now.
From the video furlough guess
Insler is inferring 30% of active pilots and subtract that number from the total number of pilots. 11428 active x.3 = 3432 pilots furloughed

13574 - 3422 = 10152

The good times in the industry are never as good at United as they are at other places and the bad times are always worse.
Quote: Watch the MEC P2P video that was sent out tonight... the percentage/number (and what pilot number to base it off of) of possible furloughs was discussed... probably the best guess for now.

Yeah, probably the best information I have seen. Great advice. But as with most of us, just hoping for more direction. Even if it’s impossible right now.
Quote: Insler is inferring 30% of active pilots and subtract that number from the total number of pilots. 11428 active x.3 = 3432 pilots furloughed

13574 - 3422 = 10152

The good times in the industry are never as good at United as they are at other places and the bad times are always worse.

I’ll be 10,156 in Sep. F’in good times... You can’t make this stuff up.
Quote: I’ll be 10,156 in Sep. F’in good times... You can’t make this stuff up.
How did you determine you’ll be 10,156? Was it from the United Seniority Progression website?
Quote: How did you determine you’ll be 10,156? Was it from the United Seniority Progression website?

Yep...

Could’ve just as well rolled some chicken bones as well I guess.

Who the heck knows.
Quote: Insler is inferring 30% of active pilots and subtract that number from the total number of pilots. 11428 active x.3 = 3432 pilots furloughed

13574 - 3422 = 10152

The only thing about that is, there are around 450 “inactive” pilots in the bottom 3500 of the seniority list. So does that mean they intend to furlough the bottom 3432 “active” pilots? (meaning count 3432 from the bottom but skip anyone who is inactive). If that’s the case it would go to more like 9700ish CCS seniority or 9200ish actual seniority. Either way, these numbers suck 😞
Just curious what is that DOH for a #10,152? And what is the seniority # for the first post merger guy, I mean the hiring spree that started ~2013ish?
8  48  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  68  108  158 
Page 58 of 195
Go to