Life at Alaska !

Subscribe
8  48  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62 
Page 58 of 68
Go to
Btw…. On the note of when a day of work starts and when it ends….. here’s another little nugget: The company doesn’t consider it a “day” of work when you begin a trip at 10:30 + PM but they absolutely consider a day of work when you want to trade a 3 day trip that begins with a redeye and pays 13:43 for a two day commutable that pays 10:45….. Doesnt matter that you’re trying to be efficient and work the least days for the most pay, or that a 34 hr Newark layover is only going to net you an additional 2:58 mins of pay….. what matters when you try to TRADE for the more efficient trip is…. “Uh uh uhhhh… no sir. You can’t trade a THREE day trip for a TWO day trip!! Why that might end up costing us and extra “day” of reserve pilot usage. Denied.”

It’s a day when THEY want it be. It’s NOT a day when it comes to your pay or credit.
Quote: You can’t trade a THREE day trip for a TWO day trip!! Why that might end up costing us and extra “day” of reserve pilot usage. Denied.”
You can’t even trade a TWO day for a THREE day trip. Because they don’t overlap each other within the same start time footprint.
Quote: You can’t even trade a TWO day for a THREE day trip. Because they don’t overlap each other within the same start time footprint.
Often times you can. It has to be done manually via trade inquiry (which is lame and I hate it). If the reserve coverage works out they'll approve it.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
But you still have to be above the min credit for that bid. Which can really be a issue if you give away a few trips to make your life more manageable.. There are tips for making it work but so many hoops to jump through.
Btw…. Just by contrast. At SWA, you can drop all your trips in base and pick up whatever trips you want from whatever base.
Quote: Btw…. Just by contrast. At SWA, you can drop all your trips in base and pick up whatever trips you want from whatever base.

No. You can not drop trips.

If you can manage to find another pilot to TAKE your trips you can pick up from any base.. but there is no mechanism to drop trips regardless of staffing. (Unless you call in sick of course)
Quote: No. You can not drop trips.

If you can manage to find another pilot to TAKE your trips you can pick up from any base.. but there is no mechanism to drop trips regardless of staffing. (Unless you call in sick of course)
I'm completely disgusted with people who " call sick " for the sake of above ^^.. and some should be AL ARM to abuse the system, then goes to work for a startup in Miami whilst sick from here. The Chief also need to address this problem. The rest of us are working our butt off to cover his.
Quote: I'm completely disgusted with people who " call sick " for the sake of above ^^.. and some should be AL ARM to abuse the system, then goes to work for a startup in Miami whilst sick from here. The Chief also need to address this problem. The rest of us are working our butt off to cover his.

I was talking about SWA
Quote: No. You can not drop trips.

Thanks for the clarification. Missed that key point in the conversation. That being said. We can also not pick up out of base from open time…. Only another pilot.
Quote: I'm completely disgusted with people who " call sick " for the sake of above ^^.. and some should be AL ARM to abuse the system, then goes to work for a startup in Miami whilst sick from here. The Chief also need to address this problem. The rest of us are working our butt off to cover his.
I bet the SFO BCP can address this one. You should report it.
8  48  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62 
Page 58 of 68
Go to