What luggage to get?

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to
Quote: would you recommend the 22” or 25” roll aboard.
All depends on your needs I suppose. For long haul cargo where someone may be on the road for a couple weeks, many people carry a 22" size bag, a few clothes or whatever, and do laundry once or twice while they are gone. Others carry a 25" (or 26" if it is Luggage Works), more clothes or whatever, and either don't do laundry at all or maybe only once. Still others carry a full size bag like a 30" bag. For regional flying I would expect a 22" bag is perfectly fine but it's all personal preference. Keep in mind that the website says the 22" bag is full "FAA legal" as far as fitting in the overhead bins, while the 25" bag is not, even though it may fit in many bins depending on the aircraft and the version of that aircraft (but will always fit sideways of course).
I’m considering buying the “Ricardo Flight Essentials Carry-On” to replace my Luggage Works Steal 22 I’ve had for years. Any feedback/review for anyone who’s purchased the Ricardo Carry-On would be greatly appreciated. I know it’s a fairly new luggage brand on Crew Outfitters.

Thanks in advance.
Quote: Im STRONGBAGS VORTEX 21 all day long. Far superior to LuggageWorks.
Another plug for this, especially if you might have a 737 in your future. If you don't expect to fly a guppy and want more volume they have a larger version with more pouches.

Four years going strong, just replacing the wheels now ($25 modular part). Pro tip: if you want to save the wheels, back your suitcase down curbs instead of just pulling it over and letting it drop (I'm too lazy).
Quote: I have been carrying a prototype from these guys and I am VERY impressed. It is a ground up new design for pilots. No need to choose between 4 wheels or 2, you get both with this design. They look like a million bucks too! paradoxaviationllc.com
Would you describe the Dark Sky versions as "black" in person?
Quote: Would you describe the Dark Sky versions as "black" in person?
They are most definetly a stealthy matte black. Very cool look.
Those look like an absolute pain to lug around for a trip.
Quote: I just saw they loaded some pics of them the other day. Last I heard is they are like a month out give or take. I have an early prototype flight deck case too. The new ones are even better than the one I have. I love having all my stuff right next to me in the flight deck and protected behind a hardside case.

All these cases were pre-sold to guys at Kalitta Air and just got opened up for sales to the rest the world. Super happy with them.
Could you by chance measure your flight deck case with and without wheels? The site says it's 9 inches deep, and the cubby in the aircraft I fly is consistently like 8.75 in.
2  3  4  5  6 
Page 6 of 6
Go to