SkyWest ?’s

Subscribe
11  51  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  71  111  161 
Page 61 of 518
Go to
I've got a question about when AA benefits start, as well as days off when you get a base transfer.

I got awarded PHX starting Januart 1st. Will I automatically be entered into AA's system to get enrolled in benefits, or is there someone I need to speak with to get it started? My travel profile still says non-dedicated, so I didn't know if it takes manual input, or if it just happens automatically at the start of the month when I'm officially based there.

Additionally, I have a 4 day in my current base that runs from 12/31 to 1/3. I didn't request the move days, because I already live here in Phoenix plus I didn't want to have days off without pay. Not sure how the bid will fall, but I'm just expecting to be on reserve. Since that 4 day carries in to Jan 3rd, is there any chance I'd still get the normal 2 days off after my pairing, before my first trip or reserve block starts? Or could they in theory schedule me to have reserve starting the next day on the 4th? I don't really care either way, since I'll finally be based at home. Just want to manage expectations.
Quote: I've got a question about when AA benefits start, as well as days off when you get a base transfer.

I got awarded PHX starting Januart 1st. Will I automatically be entered into AA's system to get enrolled in benefits, or is there someone I need to speak with to get it started? My travel profile still says non-dedicated, so I didn't know if it takes manual input, or if it just happens automatically at the start of the month when I'm officially based there.

Additionally, I have a 4 day in my current base that runs from 12/31 to 1/3. I didn't request the move days, because I already live here in Phoenix plus I didn't want to have days off without pay. Not sure how the bid will fall, but I'm just expecting to be on reserve. Since that 4 day carries in to Jan 3rd, is there any chance I'd still get the normal 2 days off after my pairing, before my first trip or reserve block starts? Or could they in theory schedule me to have reserve starting the next day on the 4th? I don't really care either way, since I'll finally be based at home. Just want to manage expectations.
Check the Travel manual. But its something like after your position is changed in the system, so after one full pay period in your new position, then it starts to filter down the system, it certainly wont be immediately.
Quote: Check the Travel manual. But its something like after your position is changed in the system, so after one full pay period in your new position, then it starts to filter down the system, it certainly wont be immediately.
Thanks, that's not too bad. I've heard stories of people having their benefits pulled the day the leave the company or transfer out of an AA-dedicated domicile, but assumed they wouldn't be that quick to grant privileges haha.
Quote: ORD is our largest base, you can get it right out of training, no problem. And reserve should be 2 months or so.
Everyone Ive talked to keeps saying its easy to get ORD but its just not true. Im in a Dec class on the ERJ and no one got ORD, even though several bid for it. Almost everyone in my class was awarded SLC. You might have better luck getting ORD on the CRJ, but don’t bank on it.
Quote: Everyone Ive talked to keeps saying its easy to get ORD but its just not true. Im in a Dec class on the ERJ and no one got ORD, even though several bid for it. Almost everyone in my class was awarded SLC. You might have better luck getting ORD on the CRJ, but don’t bank on it.
You will have a much easier time getting ORD on the CRJ, will probably get it out of training even.
Quote: Everyone Ive talked to keeps saying its easy to get ORD but its just not true. Im in a Dec class on the ERJ and no one got ORD, even though several bid for it. Almost everyone in my class was awarded SLC. You might have better luck getting ORD on the CRJ, but don’t bank on it.
ERJ flying is shifting with compass spooldown, no new united flying, and CRJ flying is also shifting out of ORD to DEN, but it is still a massive base, junior on FO side and you should be able to get it on short order. CRJ is probably faster.

Furthermore you're still in indoc/systems. Take a breath would ya.
Does ATP-CTP start date begin company seniority? I am in the 12/31 class but have completed my CTP a few years ago at another job, just trying to get an idea of where i'll fall in class after the cadets.
Quote: Does ATP-CTP start date begin company seniority? I am in the 12/31 class but have completed my CTP a few years ago at another job, just trying to get an idea of where i'll fall in class after the cadets.

No, your seniority will start the day you begin Indoc.
Quote: No, your seniority will start the day you begin Indoc.
Great, thanks.
Quote: Brand new to the 121 world. Are we expected to know 121 regs during the interview, or will we be learning those during training?
I just interviewed and wasn't asked any 121 reg questions.
11  51  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  71  111  161 
Page 61 of 518
Go to