United v. Spirit

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 54
Go to
Quote: Well that would mean at least 30 grand a month and to a good portion of Spirit pilots, that’s really important.
if you can’t life on our captain Pay, you’ve likely made some poor choices in life. That being said more money is always better but not at the expense of QOL
Quote: if you can’t life on our captain Pay, you’ve likely made some poor choices in life. That being said more money is always better but not at the expense of QOL
Debatable. We gave up some work rules for increased pay for C2018. My QOL has gone up tremendously since then. I can’t speak for others but that’s my experience.
Quote: Debatable. We gave up some work rules for increased pay for C2018. My QOL has gone up tremendously since then. I can’t speak for others but that’s my experience.
well there’s a balance that has to be struck on money vs QOL. I’d say right now it’s a pretty good balance.
How about improvements in both because do more with less than anyone in the business.
Quote: if you can’t life on our captain Pay, you’ve likely made some poor choices in life. That being said more money is always better but not at the expense of QOL
Remind me again how long have you been here, judging the life choices of the Captains that you fly with....
Quote: Remind me again how long have you been here, judging the life choices of the Captains that you fly with....
Lol right... I forget who it was that reminded me in 2019 (when I was complaining on this board about 1st year pay/training pay etc. ) that "if you can't live off $58 an hour for a year you're doing it wrong... " I mean, how could I even respond to that level of wisdom?

Captains on captain pay could be supporting aging parents, alimony, child support, college for kids... I mean that chunk of change every month wouldn't go that far depending on your situation.
The only comparison we should be doing is a year by year seat by seat comparison to other domestic narrow body Airbus operators. If we made a million a year and the other guys make two million, then no I don’t make enough money.
Quote: well there’s a balance that has to be struck on money vs QOL. I’d say right now it’s a pretty good balance.
i think you’re right about that!
Quote: i think you’re right about that!
wouldn’t it be lake effect?
Quote: The only comparison we should be doing is a year by year seat by seat comparison to other domestic narrow body Airbus operators. If we made a million a year and the other guys make two million, then no I don’t make enough money.
Preach brother!!!
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 54
Go to