AA Class Drops

Subscribe
90  140  180  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  200  240 
Page 190 of 281
Go to
Quote: Rumor has it that 3 LOR is what’s needed to get a call for an interview. Any truth to this?
I only had one so...
Also only one LOR... Bad info on the 3
Thanks for the clarification guys
Zero here.
Do you guys recall how long it was from your Letter of rec till you heard from AA?
I only had one when I got the call 16 months ago, and I got called a week after he posted it. I wrote a LOR for an old colleague recently. It was his third and he got the call a week after I posted it.
Quote: I only had one when I got the call 16 months ago, and I got called a week after he posted it. I wrote a LOR for an old colleague recently. It was his third and he got the call a week after I posted it.
Curious, are these guys who are getting called ex-mil or Civil? Just wondering how likely it is for a true "off the street" civilian to get a call now.
Quote: Rumor has it that 3 LOR is what’s needed to get a call for an interview. Any truth to this?
I have 6, still no call. 2700 hrs mil heavy IP.
Quote: Curious, are these guys who are getting called ex-mil or Civil? Just wondering how likely it is for a true "off the street" civilian to get a call now.
Keep trying but it’s extremely difficult to get hired “off the street.” For whatever reason they have decided they want nearly half military and half flow through from the WO carriers. That leaves a low percentage from off the street. LOR’s are helpful and from what I hear they want letters of rec with a little more depth than the boilerplate “he’s a good guy type.” Hope that helps.
We had around maybe 4-ish street hires in my class last month. I didn't get a chance to ask everyone what kind of stuff they had in thier application package, but one guy I know was a check airman at his regional, and had a few letters of rec. Who those letters are from seems to hold some weight, for example, AA senior CA's, chief pilots, ect. Another street hire came from a major cargo company. A few folks that got hired from my former regional as street hires, were either check airman and / or had worked in recruiting, or family member of senior AA pilots.

So if you don't meet any if the above, get involved in extra activity within your airline; ie check airman, training dep, CPO, safety dep, ect. And network like crazy to get heavy weighted LOR's.
90  140  180  186  187  188  189  190  191  192  193  194  200  240 
Page 190 of 281
Go to