06 nov ae

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 12
Go to
Quote: Are base swaps actually being proposed or is this just an internet idea?
As far as I know just an internet idea. There are people who have been waiting to switch bases since the May AE apparently. They were hoping on this Nov AE to try, but since it's been delayed until Jan, ideas like this are popping up.
Just an internet idea at this point. Those of us in favor are all too lazy to actually contact our reps, draft a resolution or whatever the process entails.

Quote: Umm...just to clarify....does the swap include the house and wife?
Yes, but the financial responsibilities of both are included.

Quote: Good points. I assumed this was what we've been talking about all along but now I see the distinction. I don't support swaps, but I do support (monthly) opportunities to move bases with everyone having a seniority-based opportunity bid for the base they want. It would probably be a pretty complex piece of software to run the iterative movements, but surely nothing our IT couldn't handle, right?
We have a (rarely used ) process in place for an AE. This could use the same mechanism, but nothing is awarded that creates training. It essentially is a contingent vacancy backfill AE with no training awards.

Pretty sure its the latter - just us throwing some thoughts around.

I am not against trying it but I can guarantee with 14,000 + resourceful motivated individuals out there, about 2 seconds after it is instituted someone will figure out a devious way to manipulate if for self gain that was not the original intent.

Scoop
1. LBP
2. ?
3. Base Swaps
Quote: Pretty sure its the latter - just us throwing some thoughts around.

I am not against trying it but I can guarantee with 14,000 + resourceful motivated individuals out there, about 2 seconds after it is instituted someone will figure out a devious way to manipulate if for self gain that was not the original intent.

Scoop
This ^^^^^

I know it was brought up earlier and I know it could be drafted differently but just ask the NYC FA’s how much fun it is when the ATL FA’s show up to cherry pick international trips in the summer.

There will always be guys crafty enough to game the system to the detriment of others. I think the best and easiest solution is monthly AE’s. Worked very nicely at NWA.
Quote: This ^^^^^

I know it was brought up earlier and I know it could be drafted differently but just ask the NYC FA’s how much fun it is when the ATL FA’s show up to cherry pick international trips in the summer.

There will always be guys crafty enough to game the system to the detriment of others. I think the best and easiest solution is monthly AE’s. Worked very nicely at NWA.

This is the correct answer.
Quote: 1. LBP
2. ?
3. Base Swaps
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...248/profit.jpg

I’m all for the good of the pilot Group as a whole but hear me out on this point of view. Base swaps actually punish the people who live in base. Whether by luck or by choice people who live in base choose to live there. When commuters start base swapping whenever it benefits them, they displace people who live in the base. Maybe a limit of 1-2 per year in category is acceptable this is the same reason I am against tdys
It allows the company to put a bandaid on staffing and it worsens relative seniority of those who live in the base by people coming in on top of them.

I think a fix for all of this is to have ae’s every two months or so so that people can change bases within categories when the need is there
Quote: I’m all for the good of the pilot Group as a whole but hear me out on this point of view. Base swaps actually punish the people who live in base. Whether by luck or by choice people who live in base choose to live there. When commuters start base swapping whenever it benefits them, they displace people who live in the base. Maybe a limit of 1-2 per year in category is acceptable this is the same reason I am against tdys
It allows the company to put a bandaid on staffing and it worsens relative seniority of those who live in the base by people coming in on top of them.

I think a fix for all of this is to have ae’s every two months or so so that people can change bases within categories when the need is there
All in favor of monthly AEs raise yo hand!
Quote: all in favor of monthly aes raise yo hand!
✋🏻.........,,
3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 7 of 12
Go to