Cold Flight Deck - A320 Family

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
What are pilots' experience with cold flight deck temperatures on the A320 Family of aircraft?
It's my understanding that temps can reach as low as the mid-20's (degrees Fahrenheit) around pilots' legs/feet.
How do you manage or cope with temperatures that cold?
Never heard of such a thing on the Airbus. Climate control is excellent.

The plane that totally sucks for climate control both the cockpit compartment itself and especially lack of heat in the feet/rudder pedals area is the 717.
Mid 20's?? Where'd you get that info from? My experience has not even come close to that. A little chilly then just turn up the heat. Works great.
Just throw the foot warmer on

Most of our planes don't have the feet warmers and on the legs above 3 hours it does get cold down there.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Quote: Never heard of such a thing on the Airbus. Climate control is excellent.

The plane that totally sucks for climate control both the cockpit compartment itself and especially lack of heat in the feet/rudder pedals area is the 717.
On the 717, try the windshield defog...seems to help even down by the feet.
Close all the vents BUT the foot OR grab a first class blanky.
I've only noticed it on a 4+ hrs flight. Keep my feet on the foot rest seems to help.
hasn't been an issue for me. only 220 hours on the jet though.
I've been on the 320 since 2011 with a 9 month tour on the 330 earlier this year.... can't say I've ever noticed it, nor have I ever used the foot warmer.

I do use the footrests a good bit in cruise, though.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to