While Jetblue Stagnates....

Subscribe
17  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  37 
Page 27 of 42
Go to
Quote: 'Bout as much as we do.
Culture is dead and buried. Has been for years.
Quote: Culture is dead and buried. Has been for years.
Not according to gigity. It’s the foundation of all we do. And don’t forget to celebrate the little victories like pushing the occasional fleet launch red zone flight on time.
Quote: Not according to gigity. It’s the foundation of all we do. And don’t forget to celebrate the little victories like pushing the occasional fleet launch red zone flight on time.
The nickname gigity is just plain ol' comedy. Never gets old
Ive got my popcorn for this summer's production of " Planes Trains & Automobiles" or is it "Titanic" ?
There is a rumor over on a.net that B6 could be cutting 6-8 cities, any truth to this?
Quote: There is a rumor over on a.net that B6 could be cutting 6-8 cities, any truth to this?
What is a.net. And we don’t know anything.
Quote: What is a.net. And we don’t know anything.
https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...2269&start=250

Some mgmt types, and others with good inside info, post on there. Rumors on that site are usually more reliable (and come sooner) than here or BP. Wouldn’t surprise me if they announce those cuts at the same time as the Europe announcement.
Quote: https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...2269&start=250

Some mgmt types, and others with good inside info, post on there. Rumors on that site are usually more reliable (and come sooner) than here or BP. Wouldn’t surprise me if they announce those cuts at the same time as the Europe announcement.

Yeah I could see the do something like that. Hey Europe yay yay oh and........ but Europe yay ya
There's an investor's day presentation on 10/2. I have no idea whether anything related to this will be announced then,however based on the past investor days, something will be announced.

The last investor day presentation in 2016 was the announcement of the cost reduction program. The investor day prior to that was in 2014 when the seat densification and other revenue initiatives were announced.

The $5 bag fee increase was already announced, but we could see more revenue accretive programs introduced. I think there's less potential for further structural cost reductions since we already seem to have cut costs down to the bone and beyond in some places.

Network changes, reallocating low profit margin flying to higher margin routes, is another way to boost earnings. Jetblue is primarily a point to point airline,so market share in each focus city is more important than the overall network.

The less planes fly, the higher the CASM. I'm not too worried about a reduction in the amount of flying we're doing, especially as we just issued an increase in our RASM forecast and are seeing load factors increasing as well.

I don't like the prospect of network reductions, but Jetblue's main goal isn't to fly to the most destinations. Its goal is to maximize the profit flying to destinations within the range of a 190 or 320/321 and soon to be 321neo. This management team has already made some moves that were unheard of before: buying another airline, charging for bags, etc. I wouldn't assume there's any sacred cows left.

Already this summer we reached a conclusion to our contract negotiations and the 190 fleet review. Pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fall into place. We don't know enough about the future right now, but I think we'll have a clearer picture on 10/2.
Quote: There's an investor's day presentation on 10/2. I have no idea whether anything related to this will be announced then,however based on the past investor days, something will be announced.

The last investor day presentation in 2016 was the announcement of the cost reduction program. The investor day prior to that was in 2014 when the seat densification and other revenue initiatives were announced.

The $5 bag fee increase was already announced, but we could see more revenue accretive programs introduced. I think there's less potential for further structural cost reductions since we already seem to have cut costs down to the bone and beyond in some places.

Network changes, reallocating low profit margin flying to higher margin routes, is another way to boost earnings. Jetblue is primarily a point to point airline,so market share in each focus city is more important than the overall network.

The less planes fly, the higher the CASM. I'm not too worried about a reduction in the amount of flying we're doing, especially as we just issued an increase in our RASM forecast and are seeing load factors increasing as well.

I don't like the prospect of network reductions, but Jetblue's main goal isn't to fly to the most destinations. Its goal is to maximize the profit flying to destinations within the range of a 190 or 320/321 and soon to be 321neo. This management team has already made some moves that were unheard of before: buying another airline, charging for bags, etc. I wouldn't assume there's any sacred cows left.

Already this summer we reached a conclusion to our contract negotiations and the 190 fleet review. Pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fall into place. We don't know enough about the future right now, but I think we'll have a clearer picture on 10/2.

I think you are spot on. Let’s see what Wobin and Gigs come up with
Quote: I think you are spot on. Let’s see what Wobin and Gigs come up with
Getting your hopes up again for the "big announcement"?
17  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  37 
Page 27 of 42
Go to