Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Subscribe
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  29 
Page 19 of 46
Go to
Quote: 1. You are at your applicable salary for your hired position for training. Starts one week prior to your Indoc class date so you can accomplish CTS.

2. Initial type training is right around 3 weeks, depends on the sim centers schedule.

3. We use CAE in Dallas, Flight Safety in ICT and ATL, and TrueSimulation in Tampa.
Annnnnd, soon coming to FSI/TEB....
Home-Based Gama Aviation pilots out of IAH?
If so, can you PM me? I've got a couple of quick questions...

Thanks.
Home-Based Gama Aviation pilots out of IAH?
OK. What about anyone with Gama who's just overnighted here?

Quote: If so, can you PM me? I've got a couple of quick questions...

Thanks.
In over four years here, I have not landed at IAH. Lots of times at HOU, and varying amounts of visits to SGR, DWH, EFD, TME and BPT. What's the question?
Quote: If so, can you PM me? I've got a couple of quick questions...

Thanks.
We would all be glad to answer any of your questions. If you want to know the likelihood of overnighting there during your 8 days on, then I wouldn’t count on it. It’s definitely possible but not enough to count on it occurring regularly.
Check bags or carry-on?
Anyone care to weigh in on checking bags vs. carry-on? I need to buy a new bag, would prefer a travelworks 26", but would have to check it. In the past I've avoided checking a bag when it might be difficult for the bag to catch up with me. Also, I believe someone said the 26" fits in the wing locker ok?
Quote: Anyone care to weigh in on checking bags vs. carry-on? I need to buy a new bag, would prefer a travelworks 26", but would have to check it. In the past I've avoided checking a bag when it might be difficult for the bag to catch up with me. Also, I believe someone said the 26" fits in the wing locker ok?
I think that the Luggage works 26 fits in the wing locker, but it’s tight. The standard 22 is what I carry, and that’s it. It’s more than adequate for how I pack, which is more than adequate for an 8 day tour. A lot of guys bring a backpack or briefcase too, but it takes up more room so the least amount you have the easier it is.
As far as checking a bag, if you are in uniform they probably won’t make you do it. However, I like to travel home in civies and I never check a bag. As far as going to work, the only time I check is on a regional where you have to gate check and get it back on the jetway upon deplaning. I don’t like the prospect of having to go without my bag on tour.
Thanks, EMAW. I agree, I've done a tour with previous carrier without bag and it was a bad deal. I think I'll opt for the 22. One more question for you, travelworks is offering the "air" version (plastic, lighter). Any experience with that?
Quote: Thanks, EMAW. I agree, I've done a tour with previous carrier without bag and it was a bad deal. I think I'll opt for the 22. One more question for you, travelworks is offering the "air" version (plastic, lighter). Any experience with that?
Not personally. I have the metal frame.
Can someone please talk to what the latest Gama interview process is like for an initial 350 type rating FO? Phone interview? F2F? Technical questions? etc... Thanks.
9  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  29 
Page 19 of 46
Go to