Empire Airlines General questions

Subscribe
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 31
Go to
Does anyone know which Empire domicile has the most potential for greatest amount of flight time? Hoping to reach R-ATP mins by late summer/early fall.
Any idea regarding the runs out of either SBA or MAF?
The SBA trip is run is one, round-trip a day. Overnight in ONT, about a 45min flight eachway. Leave early around 0600-0700, you hangout ALL day in SBA and bring the ATR back to ONT at the end of the business day.
The run could have changed over the years, Empire could now be offering pilots a Hotel in both SBA and ONT nowadays but that’s the basic rundown of the SBA run. Monday through Saturday with the plane staying in SBA over the short weekend.
Quote: The SBA trip is run is one, round-trip a day. Overnight in ONT, about a 45min flight eachway. Leave early around 0600-0700, you hangout ALL day in SBA and bring the ATR back to ONT at the end of the business day.
The run could have changed over the years, Empire could now be offering pilots a Hotel in both SBA and ONT nowadays but that’s the basic rundown of the SBA run. Monday through Saturday with the plane staying in SBA over the short weekend.
So the pilot would live in ONT or SBA?
You would think, but at the time some peeps were commuting from various places on Monday to SBA to start the run on Monday evening only to stay in the hotel/overnight in ONT work the flight to SBA the next day in the morning and simply hang out all day in SBA until came time to go back to ONT. When Sat morning rolled around after they worked the last flight of the week to SBA then they would commute home. So if you lived there it would be a Cush Job but you don’t have to. But remember this was 8-9yrs ago when they only offered a hotel at one of the cites, things may have changed since then.
Any updates on hiring for Ohana?
Quote: Any updates on hiring for Ohana?
There is a class scheduled for the first of March... assuming the Government shutdown does not effect too much.
Quote: There is a class scheduled for the first of March... assuming the Government shutdown does not effect too much.
Any idea how many in the class? Is it for Captain's only, or fo's as well?
Quote: Does anyone know which Empire domicile has the most potential for greatest amount of flight time? Hoping to reach R-ATP mins by late summer/early fall.
Basically none of the flying at Empire is for time building. Im not completely sure regarding every base, but I don't think anyone gets more than 30-ish hours a month and I think most do less than that. Someone on the Fedex side can correct me if I'm wrong, Im on the Ohana side..
Quote: Any idea how many in the class? Is it for Captain's only, or fo's as well?
Not sure on class size, we hire either CPT's or FO's.
5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  19 
Page 9 of 31
Go to