Spirit Mulls Adding Smaller Jets

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32 
Page 22 of 35
Go to
Quote: I would think avoiding direct competition with the other LCCs and Legacies and entering smaller or midsized markets with more efficient airplanes would be another route. Slugging it out with SWA, JB and F9 daily on large-city competitive routes (ie Chicago to LA or LGA to FLL) probably won’t be a winning strategy - there’s too much competition and capacity and not enough margin. Instead, Spirit could enter more midsized markets like ACY and MYR with less direct LCC competition.

What are you talking about? Spirit’s whole business model is based on large city point to point service with a couple small vacation destinations (MYR/ACY) and they’re printing money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F9 guy here, just to ease your curiosity our neos seem to average around 5000 pounds an hour in cruise. Give or a take a couple hundred pounds.
Quote: F9 guy here, just to ease your curiosity our neos seem to average around 5000 pounds an hour in cruise. Give or a take a couple hundred pounds.
And ours average about 2200 per side or 4400 pounds per hour give or take a couple hundred pounds. Which is the difference between a geared turbofan and a non-geared turbofan.
Quote: F9 guy here, just to ease your curiosity our neos seem to average around 5000 pounds an hour in cruise. Give or a take a couple hundred pounds.
Please feel free to to correct me, I recall our NEO's running about 2200 to 2000 lbs/hr per side CI 25. The time to climb is better than the Classic. The NEO engine issues are gone other than the Hoover sucking sound when you power up! LOL
Quote: Please feel free to to correct me, I recall our NEO's running about 2200 to 2000 lbs/hr per side CI 25. The time to climb is better than the Classic. The NEO engine issues are gone other than the Hoover sucking sound when you power up! LOL
Who's Hoover and how do you know him?
Yes or no for an announcement in 2019? Will we see yellow Embraer E2s, A220s or more A319/20/21s added?
Bob was on the plane the other day and said if he was starting an Airline today he'd be a buyer of the A220! Take if for what it's worth. Hum.....
Quote: Bob was on the plane the other day and said if he was starting an Airline today he'd be a buyer of the A220! Take if for what it's worth. Hum.....
Interesting. Maybe he’s been talking to David Neeleman.... I guess Bob could ask for a package deal with Airbus now.
Quote: Please feel free to to correct me, I recall our NEO's running about 2200 to 2000 lbs/hr per side CI 25. The time to climb is better than the Classic. The NEO engine issues are gone other than the Hoover sucking sound when you power up! LOL
NEO issues gone?
Offfffddaaaa. ..every mx I talk to say they are junk. GE has mx dialing up the ff to keep temps lower ...... less efficient. ..but fewer parts wearing out fast
Quote: NEO issues gone?
Offfffddaaaa. ..every mx I talk to say they are junk. GE has mx dialing up the ff to keep temps lower ...... less efficient. ..but fewer parts wearing out fast
Pratt NEO’s sure look good. Keeps mx busy swapping out engines. Good practice.
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  32 
Page 22 of 35
Go to