Delta va FedEx career earnings

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: Delta does not pay 330s in the top pay band.
In their defense, even though its not their highest paying, it still beats american's highest paying category.

Quote: 11 years for me... it'll be probably 7 years or so before I can do 330 captain. I'm junior as 320 captain out of ATL. I could have upgraded years ago, but wanted to fly 330 FO and hold out for 320 captain in ATL.

DL has a decent bit less large widebodies than UA, and just a tad less than AA, however due to the way we staff (they only do 1 CA with 3 FOs on over 12 flying), we have more widebody CA spots than AA and nearly as much as UA.
You got hired in 2007 which means you felt the full brunt of the age 65 rule right as you started with delta. Considering that, 17 years to widebody capt is pretty darn good. Out of curiosity, roughly when do you think you could hold 767 or 757 capt?

Quote: According to apc airline profiles AA has around 125 777/787/330 (highest paying) airplanes while delta has around 80 (330,350,777, 76-400). Even with you guys staffing 2 captains over 12 i don’t see how you’d have more widebody captains.
AA is also replacing 767s with more 787s so the highest paying group of aircraft is slated to grow.
It's hard to predict, but I'm not sure delta is the best bet for someone hired now that hopes to make widebody capt for a good chunk of their career. I get that they staff differently from united and american, but the fleet count is pretty far below united and somewhat american.. they've also hired the most by far out of the legacies since 2014. Around 4000 or so.
My bud at FedEx has been there way longer than I've been here, is sub 100 on their seniority list, has flown the MD-911 and has never come close to matching my earnings over the last 10 years since our BR.

He does however fly very easy trips, ATL-IND, and does have the $130k pension.
Quote: In their defense, even though its not their highest paying, it still beats american's highest paying category.

Huh? The 330 at AA pays the same as 777/787, which is $333/227 for 12 year captains/FOs.

That’s a few dollars higher than the DL 330 rate and a few lower than their 777 rate.
take Delta

Quality of life is more important than money
Quote: Huh? The 330 at AA pays the same as 777/787, which is $333/227 for 12 year captains/FOs.

That’s a few dollars higher than the DL 330 rate and a few lower than their 777 rate.
You are correct. Looks like the pay scales were updated yesterday so I probably had some outdated info.
Quote: They were talking about it (including cockpit mockups) when I was on it from 07-10.
I think that since they've supposedly decided to keep them longer (likely until the 797 shows) that the conversions will happen. Fedex has already done them and its a huge improvement. Hopefully they do it, We'll see
Quote: I think that since they've supposedly decided to keep them longer (likely until the 797 shows) that the conversions will happen. Fedex has already done them and its a huge improvement. Hopefully they do it, We'll see
FedEx having done the conversion also means there is an STC potentially available as opposed to having to do it all from the ground up. I seem to recall FedEx has sold STCs they've developed in the past.
Quote: Huh? The 330 at AA pays the same as 777/787, which is $333/227 for 12 year captains/FOs.

So in good times it's lower than the DL 330 rate and in bad times it's likely higher (due to profit sharing and other secondary income streams).
Quote: So in good times it's lower than the DL 330 rate and in bad times it's likely higher (due to profit sharing and other secondary income streams).
Fortunately we didn't pay band the big jets so now UAL and AAA both have higher base pay than mine. At least we have a training bypass that is rarely used. OFG
Too bad we won't consider longevity pay either.

Oh well.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to