😔 Guard C-130 Down

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to
Quote: I’m hearing from a Herc person it was headed to the boneyard. YGBSM.
Those older Hercs need to be parked.
Js now, I hated the H..every time I took off I spent the whole flight wondering what would go wrong today. They had their run, they all need to be sent to the bone yard.
RIP fellow aviators!
I don’t know anything about those engines, prop governor and backup or fail safe systems.
Any chance an outboard prop going flat or even beta could have caused this?
Quote: Js now, I hated the H..every time I took off I spent the whole flight wondering what would go wrong today. They had their run, they all need to be sent to the bone yard.
This one was an E not an H.
What about something similar to what happened a few years ago overseas with a charter or cargo company (the name is escaping me, maybe National) and the weight shifting on takeoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: This one was an E not an H.
Even worse
Quote: Crash was caught on video. I flew C-130's back in the 1980's and I'm still scratching my head. If a prop had a major issue, or if wing structural occurred that might explain it. News says (not exactly always accurate) the plane had just taken off.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/02/us/mi...gia/index.html

I saw part of something that looked similar in an F-15 crash after take off. Essentially the aileron rudder interconnect was installed backwards. The faster you went the more the rudder put you out of control. I guess the points are, they will figure it out, and it could be a lot of things.
Quote: Even worse
The flight path may possibly indicate a split flap occurred on flap retraction? the left flap retracted from the take-off position but the right one didn't and then they couldn't lower the left flap back into position to compensate. Don't know if that is even possible on the C-130. The aircraft is rotating about the roll axis even in a 90 degrees nose-down attitude. Beyond tragic. Prayers for the families.
Quote: The flight path may possibly indicate a split flap occurred on flap retraction? the left flap retracted from the take-off position but the right one didn't and then they couldn't lower the left flap back into position to compensate. Don't know if that is even possible on the C-130. The aircraft is rotating about the roll axis even in a 90 degrees nose-down attitude. Beyond tragic. Prayers for the families.
Looks like something asymmetric... engine out, flaps, elevators. Too bad they didn't send it to DM last month
Quote: I saw part of something that looked similar in an F-15 crash after take off. Essentially the aileron rudder interconnect was installed backwards. The faster you went the more the rudder put you out of control. I guess the points are, they will figure it out, and it could be a lot of things.
I think it was a brief stopover in SAV, probably not long enough for controls to get mis-rigged.
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 9
Go to