Omni vs Atlas

Subscribe
6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 10 of 11
Go to
Quote: Reviving this thread to see people’s opinions of Omni vs Atlas have changed with the contract changes at Atlas. I have CJOs at both so any insight is appreciated.
If you want to fly a lot and make more money, go to Atlas, where you'll work for it. If you want to make min guarantee with a relaxed lifestyle go to Omni.
Thanks for the input
I'd say 76 at Atlas is just as easy going as Omni, so you get both options.
Quote: I'd say 76 at Atlas is just as easy going as Omni, so you get both options.
No personal insight in to Atlas, but that is not consistent with the 76 guys I've talked to there. Omni is almost unbelievably low-workload, esp. as an F/O.
Quote: No personal insight in to Atlas, but that is not consistent with the 76 guys I've talked to there. Omni is almost unbelievably low-workload, esp. as an F/O.
I agree. I've looked at their schedules. They fly a lot more than us.

Their schedules are not bad, and I assume that's what he means by easy and relaxed.
[QUOTE=Monkeywizz;3432238]
Quote: Reviving this thread to see people’s opinions of Omni vs Atlas have changed with the contract changes at Atlas. I have CJOs at both so any insight is appreciated.[/QUOTAe

Atlas: More money and retirement but work more.

Omni: Less money and worse retirement but work less.
So, does this hold true for Atlas 767 as well or just the 747?
[QUOTE=dirtybird;3433431]
Quote: So, does this hold true for Atlas 767 as well or just the 747?
Holds true for the 767 as well.
The 76 does fly like the 777 and 747 at Atlas. I can’t say I’d what the 76 is like compared to Omni schedules. But you doing about 50 to 60 hours a month on the 76 at Atlas.
Quote: The 76 does fly like the 777 and 747 at Atlas. I can’t say I’d what the 76 is like compared to Omni schedules. But you doing about 50 to 60 hours a month on the 76 at Atlas.
Omni is 20-55 on average. Lots of 1 leg, sit 2-3 days on reserve in some city covering other flights in case of sick out type stuff. A buddy just got DH from home to sit hotel reserve overseas for a week, then DH back to operate a domestic, then sat a few days hotel reserve in the states, then DH home. 2.5 block for the month, and it’s not that uncommon.

how many legs on how many days are those 50-60 hours at Atlas?

The other guy said it right

Atlas - make more but work more
Omni - make less but work less

both are very good jobs. I’d probably give the nod to Atlas for varying fleet opportunities, trip variety, company size.
Omni is a small company with 15 planes and 370 pilots.
Atlas is about 100 planes and 2200 or more pilots
Well, there is a big difference between the amazon/dhl 767 (which is pretty easy going imo too) and the AMC flying out of the JFK base. The JFK base is kind of the hidden secret at Atlas, it's just quite senior. It's essentially home based as you never actually go to JFK so you DH to position on company time. Usually the AMC lines are about 25 block or so, some lines as low as 9 hours block for the month. Lot's of deadheading around international business class and hanging out in Europe on long layovers.
6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 10 of 11
Go to