[Breeze] Airways

Subscribe
154  204  244  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  264  304  354 
Page 254 of 486
Go to
Quote: I've got to work on my sarcasm; it was a bit too subtle.

Looking at this operation, I have to wonder how long it will take to run out of the $200M in capital they raised for this experiment of an airline. Or will the investors just pull their remaining investment like what happened at Skybus? Breeze is sounding more shaky with each passing day; the moment I saw their route structure, I gave them near zero chance of survival.
It’s 350M in capital. 150 in initial fundraising and another 200 back in august. Oh and they’re making 6 figures on certain charter trips. But… “we have no money to pay our crews”
Quote: I agree with all these statements except #2. I still think the underserved secondary markets will be $$$. Specially when regionals start to fold because of lack of pilots. The market will be wide open for the LCC’s. F9 is already going into smaller secondary airports because they too see the demand. But in order for breeze to capitalize on that potential, they will need pilots, I Just don’t see how they’re going to manage their hiring needs. Unless a couple regionals fold and all of a sudden you have 100’s on the street. Maybe that’s their strategy 🤔
Some problems with that theory.
1) Not enough frequency. Breeze doesn't even offer daily frequency, much less multiple flights daily.
2) People can just drive to larger cities and have many more route options.
3) Breeze airfares are NOT ULCC fares.
Quote: It’s 350M in capital. 150 in initial fundraising and another 200 back in august. Oh and they’re making 6 figures on certain charter trips. But… “we have no money to pay our crews”
I missed that it was $150M in initial funding.
I found $83M + $10M + $200M.

Any idea how much they've burned through so far?.
Looks like Avelo just got a massive pay raise today. $200 1st year CA and a $20,000 signing bonus.
Quote: Looks like Avelo just got a massive pay raise today. $200 1st year CA and a $20,000 signing bonus.
Here’s an article about it (hopefully more pressure to raise pay rates soon):

https://simpleflying.com/avelo-incentives-new-pilots/
Quote: Looks like Avelo just got a massive pay raise today. $200 1st year CA and a $20,000 signing bonus.

Avelo only needs to open just one SFL base (from TPA to MIA) before May 4th and it will kill Fabreeze air freshener airline. so now Fabreeze is gonna be flying Ejet Regional routes..... jajajajajjaj. a $40M dollars airplane to fly from TPA to CHS, CAK, HSV, SDF, etc..... so no more Europe or Brazil? keep up the a good job Trent Porter.
[QUOTE=BlueJuicer;3356609]Don’t give them all the credit…it was actually the idea of this one “infamous” (to put it nicely) former SkyWest guy who is initial breeze cadre who touted its success at SkyWest. Or so I hear.[/QUOTE

Good ole delta bravo. Breezes finest, no doubt.
Quote: Don’t give them all the credit…it was actually the idea of this one “infamous” (to put it nicely) former SkyWest guy who is initial breeze cadre who touted its success at SkyWest. Or so I hear.
It’s always skywest. Always. 🙄
Quote: I missed that it was $150M in initial funding.
I found $83M + $10M + $200M.

Any idea how much they've burned through so far?.
Between the failed college program and having to TDY an entire base, I bet a decent chunk
You know if they increase the pay by $30k and with 100 pilots it would only cost them $3million
154  204  244  250  251  252  253  254  255  256  257  258  264  304  354 
Page 254 of 486
Go to