Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
38  88  128  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  148  188  238 
Page 138 of 435
Go to
Quote: Thank you sir, I meant no disrespect. I have seen some freight pilot's in plain clothes and others like FedEx and UPS in uniform. Just curious about the freight industry and looking to get in.
None taken. I think it was a legitimate question. Many people in the flight world never see a freight crew. We usually operate out of the other side of the airport and at strange times of the day and night.
Quote: None taken. I think it was a legitimate question. Many people in the flight world never see a freight crew. We usually operate out of the other side of the airport and at strange times of the day and night.
My WGA friend who has a beard was walking through Detroit terminal in uniform which looks like Delta's from 3ft away minus the jacket and hat, and noticed how every single Delta pilot stopped what they were doing to look at him, trying to figure out who was this rogue breaking free from the borg collective. We both had a good laugh.
Quote: While I agree that in your case a very large beard would definitely make you look better😀 I really wouldn’t look forward to picking bead (pube lookin) hair out of the bunk room. Yuk!
You ever see my drivers license? I look like a Taliban.
Does anyone know how far out we have classes scheduled?
Quote: Does anyone know how far out we have classes scheduled?
Usually 2 months
Is the may class full already?
Any new information on how many and for how long they plan to hire? Estimates of course.

Cheers !
Quote: Any new information on how many and for how long they plan to hire? Estimates of course.

Cheers !
Rest of the year running classes from what I overheard. Of course I am not "in the know."
Quote: Rest of the year running classes from what I overheard. Of course I am not "in the know."
Chief Pilot announced the loss of 4 NCA 747-400’s to Atlas. They are still looking for 4 replacements. DHL has the first 4 777’s in the que and an announcement as to who was awarded should be out this week. 767 training has been slowed below optimum due to a lack of available sim time.

Class size for the 747-400 has been reduced to a much more manageable 8 every 3 weeks and should continue for a while longer. If more aircraft are found (awarded) expect training to increase.

The short answer is that nobody really knows as there are too many things outside of the Companies control right now. It would be completely realistic to think upgrades will continue to go below 2 years, to upgrades going to 5-7-10 years. Please don’t make your decision to work at K4 based on upgrade. When I started in 2011 upgrade on the Classic was 1 year. We furloughed 5 months later.
Quote: Chief Pilot announced the loss of 4 NCA 747-400’s to Atlas. They are still looking for 4 replacements. DHL has the first 4 777’s in the que and an announcement as to who was awarded should be out this week. 767 training has been slowed below optimum due to a lack of available sim time.

Class size for the 747-400 has been reduced to a much more manageable 8 every 3 weeks and should continue for a while longer. If more aircraft are found (awarded) expect training to increase.

The short answer is that nobody really knows as there are too many things outside of the Companies control right now. It would be completely realistic to think upgrades will continue to go below 2 years, to upgrades going to 5-7-10 years. Please don’t make your decision to work at K4 based on upgrade. When I started in 2011 upgrade on the Classic was 1 year. We furloughed 5 months later.
How many were furloughed that time?
38  88  128  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  142  148  188  238 
Page 138 of 435
Go to