Kalitta Air (K4) Information

Subscribe
227  277  317  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  330  331  337  377  427 
Page 327 of 435
Go to
I love how some are so delusional here at K4. The 777 run can be brutal. You only get 24hrs rest at each spot which is just enough time to really screw with your sleep(too short for 2 rests, too long for just one). On top of that, they don't keep any aircrew at any of the bases so if someone calls in sick or god forbid fatigue(more on that later) then there's a huge cluster with scheduling and most likely the crew is screwed and have to go to 3 man. On top of that, any aircraft issues usually means you'll end up doing min rest (10 hours) even after almost 20 hours of duty and NO ONE calls in fatigue, it's very against company culture. I've flown with guys who have been here 3+ years that have never flown with anyone who has called in fatigue. And I've been belittled for talking about it(after two min rest stops), getting the mission done at all costs is very prevalent here. On top of that, you are sharing bunk sheets with numerous crew members (they only get swapped out in CVG), you may fly with crews who have been in close contact with someone who have popped positive on Corvid tests without being notified by the compay, and the union is basically another voice of the company.

There are many positive aspects of K4 as well but don't be under any illusion its all fun and games. They work you hard here, it's very obvious with the HKG issues that money is priority #1, and the union's response to everything is basically "shut up and fly".

I think it's always good to see the blunt truth of things before you make a switch.
Quote: I love how some are so delusional here at K4. The 777 run can be brutal. You only get 24hrs rest at each spot which is just enough time to really screw with your sleep(too short for 2 rests, too long for just one). On top of that, they don't keep any aircrew at any of the bases so if someone calls in sick or god forbid fatigue(more on that later) then there's a huge cluster with scheduling and most likely the crew is screwed and have to go to 3 man. On top of that, any aircraft issues usually means you'll end up doing min rest (10 hours) even after almost 20 hours of duty and NO ONE calls in fatigue, it's very against company culture. I've flown with guys who have been here 3+ years that have never flown with anyone who has called in fatigue. And I've been belittled for talking about it(after two min rest stops), getting the mission done at all costs is very prevalent here. On top of that, you are sharing bunk sheets with numerous crew members (they only get swapped out in CVG), you may fly with crews who have been in close contact with someone who have popped positive on Corvid tests without being notified by the compay, and the union is basically another voice of the company.

There are many positive aspects of K4 as well but don't be under any illusion its all fun and games. They work you hard here, it's very obvious with the HKG issues that money is priority #1, and the union's response to everything is basically "shut up and fly".

I think it's always good to see the blunt truth of things before you make a switch.

I'd love to know when the union has ever told you to "shut up and fly." If you need to call fatigued, then call fatigued. There is no company or union culture dictating otherwise. I'd all love to hear about all the CBA or FAR violations that have personally traumatized you. Everyone to include pilots, schedulers, maintenance, training, etc is completely inundated with the ops tempo right now. Everyday a new problem pops up somewhere in the world and everyone is working as a team to try to get the job done. If you don't want to be part of that team, then go somewhere else.
Quote: I'd love to know when the union has ever told you to "shut up and fly." If you need to call fatigued, then call fatigued. There is no company or union culture dictating otherwise. I'd all love to hear about all the CBA or FAR violations that have personally traumatized you. Everyone to include pilots, schedulers, maintenance, training, etc is completely inundated with the ops tempo right now. Everyday a new problem pops up somewhere in the world and everyone is working as a team to try to get the job done. If you don't want to be part of that team, then go somewhere else.
You mean the recent HKG email which basically put all the blame on the pilots with no real guidance. Or the fact that they are always reactive, not proactive? How bout the fact they still are dragging their feet on the bunk situation where a super simple solution of disposable sheets has been brought up NUMEROUS times. All you get in response is "but in the 400..." Like I said there are many positive aspects of being here but there's also MANY negative things, and the old Connie attitude needs to go.
Quote: hiring window for a small number probably in the fall.

Sleep when you are tired... eat when you are hungry... fly when they tell you to.... that works pretty well for a strategy....

last month in 8 days... I did DTW-MIA-ANC-CVG-LEJ-BAH-PVG-ICN-HFE-ANC-LAX-then home.....

note: req slightly reduced show times three times... oh and there was a 1/7 in there somewhere...lol
Honestly that sounds like a dream job for me. I'm already used to "sleep when you're tired and eat when you're hungry" from flying 91 for an owner whose next day noon show time can easily become 5:30AM or tonight at midnight. Just need to keep building those hours to one day be competitive.
Quote: I love how some are so delusional here at K4. The 777 run can be brutal. You only get 24hrs rest at each spot which is just enough time to really screw with your sleep(too short for 2 rests, too long for just one). On top of that, they don't keep any aircrew at any of the bases so if someone calls in sick or god forbid fatigue(more on that later) then there's a huge cluster with scheduling and most likely the crew is screwed and have to go to 3 man. On top of that, any aircraft issues usually means you'll end up doing min rest (10 hours) even after almost 20 hours of duty and NO ONE calls in fatigue, it's very against company culture. I've flown with guys who have been here 3+ years that have never flown with anyone who has called in fatigue. And I've been belittled for talking about it(after two min rest stops), getting the mission done at all costs is very prevalent here. On top of that, you are sharing bunk sheets with numerous crew members (they only get swapped out in CVG), you may fly with crews who have been in close contact with someone who have popped positive on Corvid tests without being notified by the compay, and the union is basically another voice of the company.

wow, nice “create account to make post” first post. I have NEVER felt pressured to fly fatigued at this company. No one will ever FORCE you to take less than CBA rest...(which is always more than 10 hrs) and if you do it’s 100% by choice.

I do agree about the sheets... gross.
Anyone else just get a call for an interview? Looks like hiring may be picking up for more 777 deliveries.
Quote: Anyone else just get a call for an interview? Looks like hiring may be picking up for more 777 deliveries.
Did they tell you it’s for a 777 position?
Quote: wow, nice “create account to make post” first post. I have NEVER felt pressured to fly fatigued at this company. No one will ever FORCE you to take less than CBA rest...(which is always more than 10 hrs) and if you do it’s 100% by choice.

I do agree about the sheets... gross.
There's clean sheets on every plane. Just ask the mechanic. So many sets of clean sheets they're having trouble storing them all. Also theyre swapped out more than at just CVG, LAX and ANC as well. Maybe more, but at least those 3.
Quote: Anyone else just get a call for an interview? Looks like hiring may be picking up for more 777 deliveries.
Congrats, when's the interview? Will it be in-person?
Quote: Did they tell you it’s for a 777 position?
Yes

Quote: Congrats, when's the interview? Will it be in-person?
Early September. Seems like a group interview in YIP
227  277  317  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  330  331  337  377  427 
Page 327 of 435
Go to