82 pilots in one month

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to
Quote: Where are all of the guys going to? I hear that some have left to other carriers to do DECs or quick upgrades.
A good number went to Kalitta- about 100 up to now since September.
Some are retiring or moving over to 135 or part 91 instead of commuting.
Spirit, Frontier... take your pick. Whoever will take us.
Quote: PSA is looking for qualified FOs willing to take a rapid upgrade. When it comes down to it with a CL-65 type rating, sign on bonus is a little $40,000
Some already made the lateral move. Almost all the LASA FOs left over the past year for one regional or another to get the PIC time. The ones leaving now are the senior holdouts who weren’t going to make lateral moves.
A lateral move right now is stupid.
Quote: A lateral move right now is stupid.
The smart ones made lateral moves months or years ago.
Quote: The smart ones made lateral moves months or years ago.
That's my point.
Quote: A lateral move right now is stupid.
I agree. One thing to move on to something bigger and better. But a lateral move at this point would probably be foolish. Might as well ride it out.
Imagine the exodus if management comes to the pilots Jan 31 and says “just a couple more weeks guys...”.
Quote: Imagine the exodus WHEN management comes to the pilots Jan 31 and says “just a couple more weeks guys...”.
Fixed it for you. Take it from someone who was on the fence for a long time- don't wait for the clowns in Atlanta to make the decision for you. If I had not wasted my time waiting for the CPP nut kick, I'd be a widebody Captain at my current airline. Granted, my crystal ball was inop all those years. Make the jump, you won't regret it.
Quote: Fixed it for you. Take it from someone who was on the fence for a long time- don't wait for the clowns in Atlanta to make the decision for you. If I had not wasted my time waiting for the CPP nut kick, I'd be a widebody Captain at my current airline. Granted, my crystal ball was inop all those years. Make the jump, you won't regret it.
I am. The CPP sent a big shaft my way as well. It's good to know you can fly UA pax for 10+ years with a clean record on C Scale wages, but you can't fly UA pax for 10+ years on an "A" scale. HR has totally screwed Legacy hiring. What a crock of crap.
Quote: I am. The CPP sent a big shaft my way as well. It's good to know you can fly UA pax for 10+ years with a clean record on C Scale wages, but you can't fly UA pax for 10+ years on an "A" scale. HR has totally screwed Legacy hiring. What a crock of crap.
Good for you! If you're thinking of coming to the ACMI world, shoot me a PM, I'll give you the run down. It's not perfect, but it sure beats hauling the trash for UAL 6 legs a day.
4  5  6  7  8 
Page 8 of 8
Go to