Retirement Plan Negotiations?

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 28
Go to
Quote: I don’t want any pancakes or waffles. Leave the A fund alone!!
If the VB is so great, let Delta or American be the guinea pigs on this for about 10 years and get back with us.
Agree 100%.
Quote: The senior old guys that this will benefit are retiring quickly. They've got to get this done asap so they can get their votes.

Every month there are new senior old guys locking in their 130k per year retirement. As the current guys and gals age out, there is someone right there to replace them. One day it will be you. One day it will be me.
Quote: I don’t want any pancakes or waffles. Leave the A fund alone!!
If the VB is so great, let Delta or American be the guinea pigs on this for about 10 years and get back with us.

Even though the VB plan is intriguing to me, I too don't want to be the guinea pig. I am more inclined to have another pilot group give it a whirl. And if not another pilot group, let the other FDX employees that are getting pensions try it out for a while too.
Quote: Every month there are new senior old guys locking in their 130k per year retirement. As the current guys and gals age out, there is someone right there to replace them. One day it will be you. One day it will be me.
I am concerned that I won't get to 25 and get locked in before the union gets this nonsense approved by the 51%.
Quote: I am concerned that I won't get to 25 and get locked in before the union gets this nonsense approved by the 51%.
I understand guys will vote for best interests when it comes to a vote, but if it’s not good before you have a high 5 and 25...our union (which is all of us) should not support it. Can’t see this being good for unity or stopping the old guy vs new guy bad vibe.
Quote: I understand guys will vote for best interests when it comes to a vote, but if it’s not good before you have a high 5 and 25...our union (which is all of us) should not support it. Can’t see this being good for unity or stopping the old guy vs new guy bad vibe.
Desired outcome is a freeze where everyone has the same, high 5 ability they would achieve under our current plan. So, if you can hit 260 under the old...Part A of your Pension :-) would still be based on 260k * 2% * YOS when\if the transition happens

Only YOS stop.

And, if you're not vested...YOS continue to count until vested under the current A plan
Quote: Desired outcome is a freeze where everyone has the same, high 5 ability they would achieve under our current plan. So, if you can hit 260 under the old...Part A of your Pension :-) would still be based on 260k * 2% * YOS when\if the transition happens

Only YOS stop.

And, if you're not vested...YOS continue to count until vested under the current A plan
And then, unicorns fly out of your butt.
Have they discussed what happens if you choose an annuity at retirement under the proposed variable plan and the company that issues that annuity goes bankrupt?
Quote: And then, unicorns fly out of your butt.
+1.

Cause our negotiating has such a good history of language and interpretation... lol
Quote: Desired outcome is a freeze where everyone has the same, high 5 ability they would achieve under our current plan. So, if you can hit 260 under the old...Part A of your Pension :-) would still be based on 260k * 2% * YOS when\if the transition happens

Only YOS stop.

Only YOS stop means I'll never get to 25.

So what good does that do me?

Again, the guys with high 5 and 25 benefit at the expense of the rest of us suckers.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 28
Go to