Divorce/Alimony/Pension Payment QDRO

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to
Quote: A post nip is only valid if signed after the marriage. That is why they are somewhat rare. They are not legal in all states.

A postnuptial agreement is a written agreement executed after a couple gets married, or have entered a civil union, to settle the couple's affairs and assets in the event of a separation or divorce. It may be "notarized" or acknowledged and may be the subject of the statute of frauds.
Did you copy that straight from Wikipedia?

I have had both a pre-nup and a post-nup, which is not uncommon and legal in most states. (Approx 46)
Unfortunately, alimony and investments are two complete separate things, as would be child support. She is entitled to both so you're $10,500 estimate is probably right on..

I've never understood why someone would "let" their wife not work for so many years.. Sure, take a few years off when the kids are teeny, then when they get to school age, they go to work.. This ain't the 50's!

But all kidding aside, keep in mind that EVERYTHING is negotiable. There is only past precedence on what is 'normal' if the two parties do not agree.

Try to be civil and offer her $3,000 a month and she will save thousands on lawyers fees.. Do the math.. If not, then drag it out as long as you possibly can to make it miserable for her. Most people count on one or the other persons caving in to get it over with sooner. Don't do that.!

Oh, I could go on and on.. lol..
Quote:
I've never understood why someone would "let" their wife not work for so many years.. Sure, take a few years off when the kids are teeny, then when they get to school age, they go to work.. This ain't the 50's!

So, you "made" your wife work?

Quote: So, you "made" your wife work?

I suppose I'm lucky, my wife wants to work... but if she didn't, then yes I would.. Why shouldn't she? We both can't stay at home.. lol..
Quote: Unfortunately, alimony and investments are two complete separate things, as would be child support. She is entitled to both so you're $10,500 estimate is probably right on..

But all kidding aside, keep in mind that EVERYTHING is negotiable. There is only past precedence on what is 'normal' if the two parties do not agree.

Try to be civil and offer her $3,000 a month and she will save thousands on lawyers fees.. Do the math.. If not, then drag it out as long as you possibly can to make it miserable for her. Most people count on one or the other persons caving in to get it over with sooner. Don't do that.!

Oh, I could go on and on.. lol..
Best decision my wife and I made was for her to be a stay at home mom and I focused on flying. I guess since you would have to “let” you wife do anything tells the whole story.
Quote:
Best decision my wife and I made was for her to be a stay at home mom and I focused on flying. I guess since you would have to “let” you wife do anything tells the whole story.

There is no job more important than Mom. You can't pay someone to play substitute parent, and you'll never get a chance to do it over.

If a couple is in a situation where there is no choice (sometimes the choice to accept a lower standard of living is rejected, and I don't consider that a "no choice" situation), I sympathize with the need for both spouses to work. Apart from that, the choice to have a parent in the home will pay priceless dividends.

Sorry for the tangent.

Quote: There is no job more important than Mom. You can't pay someone to play substitute parent, and you'll never get a chance to do it over.

If a couple is in a situation where there is no choice (sometimes the choice to accept a lower standard of living is rejected, and I don't consider that a "no choice" situation), I sympathize with the need for both spouses to work. Apart from that, the choice to have a parent in the home will pay priceless dividends.

Sorry for the tangent.

Couldn't agree more, Tony C. Guess we're old school....or just old!
Well that was taken out of context! Of course having the means to have your wife stay at home when the kids were home would be great but he said 25 years so I assumed that to mean that the kids were in their 20s.
Quote: Best decision my wife and I made was for her to be a stay at home mom and I focused on flying.
ditto. Volunteerism (school, church, kid's athletics) is a great job too.
Quote: Well that was taken out of context! Of course having the means to have your wife stay at home when the kids were home would be great but he said 25 years so I assumed that to mean that the kids were in their 20s.
Why, do all of the kids come at the same exact time?
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 4 of 6
Go to