UPS 2019 Hiring

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52 
Page 2 of 53
Go to
I recall some people asking if having previous ups experience, as say a driver or package handler, would help with getting on as a pilot. Well, I was flipping through the seniority list and noticed a decent amount of new hires (last 3 years) with employee numbers not in-line with their fellow classmates - previous UPS employees...? Anyone got any intel on this?
I was wondering the same thing.
I know one former driver hired in the last 2 years - easy to think that this is viewed in a positive light when you learn about the culture of hiring from within. I doubt this is the easiest path....but then again, that is likely another reason it is viewed so favorably. Probably not a lot of people working at UPS trying to earn their ratings so they can one day fly for Southwest.
Quote: I recall some people asking if having previous ups experience, as say a driver or package handler, would help with getting on as a pilot. Well, I was flipping through the seniority list and noticed a decent amount of new hires (last 3 years) with employee numbers not in-line with their fellow classmates - previous UPS employees...? Anyone got any intel on this?
Had a couple in my class and know of a few others -- all of them were package handlers.
In a previous life I owned a UPS Store and my interview centered around my experiences providing customer service at that store. I believe it was a deciding factor in getting hired.
I asked around and heard of a couple of guys who threw boxes and 1 who drove a package car...
Flew with a guy last month that had worked as a ground guy for a while before taking up aviation. I don't think he went to work on the ground side to get a leg up on an airline job later, but I doubt that it hurt.
I recently had a friend interview that was sent to do his drug testing immediately following the interview. He was not given a CJO (yet). When I interviewed, the drug testing was after the CJO....has anyone else heard of going immediately after the interview?
Quote: I recently had a friend interview that was sent to do his drug testing immediately following the interview. He was not given a CJO (yet). When I interviewed, the drug testing was after the CJO....has anyone else heard of going immediately after the interview?
I'm sure this is standard practice almost everywhere.
Company bid with 180 new vacancies just came out yesterday!
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52 
Page 2 of 53
Go to