JetSuite Inc/JSX

Subscribe
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71 
Page 21 of 111
Go to
Quote: WINNER!WINNER! QUESTION OF THE DAY PPL!

As of now, more than 51% of your flying is within California on JSX. THEREFORE YOU PAY CALIFORNIA STATE TAX WHETHER YOU LIVE THERE OR NOT. This will eventually change as X extends its flying outside of CA.

INC DOES NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE. We pay taxes based on your home address.

Yeah I just double checked... I’m only paying AZ tax now. Stopped a month or two ago paying CA tax
Thank you all very much for the info on the tech interview.
I’ve heard there are some OAK based people who commute in, I’m looking at JSX, I’m about a 2.5 hour drive from OAK so would need a crash pad or accommodations of some sort for those nights in base, I’ve looked online a bit and the best options I could see were Airbnb’s, are there some better options out there?

Also how prevalent are 7/7 schedules? Do they go senior or junior? Thanks
Quote: Check your pay stubs. Mine recently changed. No more CA tax
Then start saving in a "Tax Account." Because the CA Franchise Tax Board is going to get you eventually.
Quote: I’ve heard there are some OAK based people who commute in, I’m looking at JSX, I’m about a 2.5 hour drive from OAK so would need a crash pad or accommodations of some sort for those nights in base, I’ve looked online a bit and the best options I could see were Airbnb’s, are there some better options out there?

Also how prevalent are 7/7 schedules? Do they go senior or junior? Thanks
Yeah we have a few people that commute to OAK, a couple from around Sacramento, some from the neighboring cities north of the bay, and a few from Hawaii. Keep in mind it's a combined OAK/CCR base.

From what i see 7/7 goes junior for FOs and senior for Captains.
Quote: Then start saving in a "Tax Account." Because the CA Franchise Tax Board is going to get you eventually.
You got that right.

Quote:
Generally, you must file an income tax return if you’re a resident, part-year resident, or nonresident and:

Are required to file a federal return
Receive income from a source in California
Have income above a certain amount
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/personal...d-to-file.html

The proverbial junk yard dog has nothing on franchise tax. They tried to come after me for nine months that I was on training in California while on active duty. It took four telephone calls from me, then three letters and one phone call from my base JAG explaining to them about the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act of 1940 and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003 to get them to conclude, very reluctantly, that they couldn’t legally tax me.
Quote: You got that right.

The proverbial junk yard dog has nothing on franchise tax. They tried to come after me for nine months that I was on training in California while on active duty. It took four telephone calls from me, then three letters and one phone call from my base JAG explaining to them about the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act of 1940 and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003 to get them to conclude, very reluctantly, that they couldn’t legally tax me.
Yeah, used to live and work in CA, with a previous employer. After moving out of state I still had to take care of the good ol' CA FTB. As long as you have your paperwork right, or have a good CPA, shouldn't have any worries. Just make sure you keep your records lol.
Medical coverage
Can anyone share some light on what kind of medical plans they have in Jsx. Interested in employee+spouse rundown. I understand that it's a high deductible plan with company sponsored HSA. But how much of a deductible are we talking about. Also, is the medical paid by JSX or does it bite into your paycheck?
Quote: You got that right.

The proverbial junk yard dog has nothing on franchise tax. They tried to come after me for nine months that I was on training in California while on active duty..
I did two tours of ACTIVE duty in Cali...North Island and Pt. Mugu. The FTB sent me a nasty gram EVERY YEAR wondering where their money was, even though as a Texas resident on active duty I wasn't required to pay CA income tax.

They're relentless.
Quote: WINNER!WINNER! QUESTION OF THE DAY PPL!

As of now, more than 51% of your flying is within California on JSX. THEREFORE YOU PAY CALIFORNIA STATE TAX WHETHER YOU LIVE THERE OR NOT. This will eventually change as X extends its flying outside of CA.

INC DOES NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE. We pay taxes based on your home address.
Your salary is taxed but not the full amount that a resident would. So if California does 10% state income tax and you make $100,000 a year, those $100,000 only get taxed 5% due to the 51% rule and the rest will be taxes by your state (so if your state has no income tax) your rate is just 5%. Still better than the full 10%. But yes, as our flying starts expanding outside of CA this will go away (if it hasn’t already)
11  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  31  71 
Page 21 of 111
Go to