SWA 737 Burbank incident

Subscribe
25  31  32  33  34  35  36 
Page 35 of 36
Go to
Quote: Those 15 knot winds down the runway were really tough during the hurricane. I am amazed you believe what the press reports.
Believe your own hype. It wasn't the press reports, it was just fact. Everyone turned around except one.
Man, I'm glad there are so many perfect pilots on this site. If we just hang out awhile longer perhaps some of your exceptional judgment and skills will rub off on me.
Quote: The stick wasn't about flying skills. Please tell me you've seen our captain Hollywood??? Some stereotypes hold true, and it's worthwhile to try to mitigate them instead of defensively get butthurt and deny the existence. Guys I fly with routinely say they still see the GET R DONE behavior at WN consistently. I accept and try to change what we have in our culture... can you?

Nice decision, as holes going through en route storms tend to change by the minute. That doesn't change what myself and numerous others from many airlines have observed with WN being willing to "take a look" while others let y'all do what you do.

I know what I'm going to bet on with this report. (just to make the WN types even more defensive).

I'll just leave this right here..

"GET R DONE"
Quote: Man, I'm glad there are so many perfect pilots on this site. If we just hang out awhile longer perhaps some of your exceptional judgment and skills will rub off on me.
If you learn something from other people's mistake and possibly take an extra minute to think something over a little more since you remember something that you talked about/read about/thought about somewhere (maybe this forum) then you are right - - - maybe someone uses' exceptional judgment might rub off on you!
Quote: If you learn something from other people's mistake and possibly take an extra minute to think something over a little more since you remember something that you talked about/read about/thought about somewhere (maybe this forum) then you are right - - - maybe someone uses' exceptional judgment might rub off on you!
No doubt. And there are those nuggets to be gleaned which I appreciate. I'm just fascinated by how many more perfect pilots exist on this website than exist in real life. At least if you listen to them talk.
Quote: Well how would you spin it if you were in charge of corporate communications? You’re a poster child as to why pilots are lousy airline managers. Really dumb post!
thatsa your 100th post?

wtf?
Quote: Once you're on the ground and slowing, the odds are stacked against you for taking it up in the air.
Eh, depends on a lot of variables. imo.
Quote: I'll just leave this right here..

"GET R DONE"
Cool... they were turning from a snow covered taxiway onto a snow covered ramp. No sliding involved... misread the blue lights.

Threat? Yup. Mistake made? Obviously. Get r done thing going on there? Nope.

Whatever makes you feel better, though.
Quote: Eh, depends on a lot of variables. imo.
Yes, but it's pretty hard to calculate all of those variables on the fly so the safer answer is usually stay on the ground once the reversers/brakes are in play. If it's too short to stop at the end it's probably too short to going flying... do you want to go off the end at 20kts, or 120 kts with full thrust. You can generally do a touch and go, but I wouldn't linger for long...
SWA 737 Burbank incident
Quote: Cool... they were turning from a snow covered taxiway onto a snow covered ramp. No sliding involved... misread the blue lights.

Threat? Yup. Mistake made? Obviously. Get r done thing going on there? Nope.

Whatever makes you feel better, though.

Uh huh. Predictable response as I see that my point eluded you. Should that be a plane wearing SWA colors we'd all be getting lectured about some mythical "Get r done" mentality trying to get to the gate. But since it's your brand, they get a pass.

'Whatever makes you feel better though.'

Let's all just agree to learn from unfortunate events such as these and do our best not to repeat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
25  31  32  33  34  35  36 
Page 35 of 36
Go to