JB or stay at the SkyWest?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to
Accept a 190 at JB or stay PIC at SkyWest on 175 home-base?
Quote: Accept a 190 at JB or stay PIC at SkyWest on 175 home-base?
I love these...

Go to delta. Duh.
More so than in some of the other forums, the JB forum is infected by a few individuals who devote hundreds of hours and thousands of words to continually posting negative sheit no matter the topic. They do it under the pretense that they're simply revealing the "reality" of JetBlue, but nobody who spends so much time on this forum lives in reality. You won't find a reasonable answer to your question here. Try finding a few JB pilots and asking them about their experiences in person/over the phone.
Stay at Skywest. If this is on your mind I don’t want to fly with you.
Do you have a family?

Are you willing to move to have a better QOL?

How old are you?

Are you looking at JB as maybe 'a better place to wait until United calls?

Do you mind being stuck at Prison Camp for 6 weeks on $2k/month? (No visitors allowed)

Would you be ok commuting to reserve in JFK or BOS?

Would you be proud to work at New York's Gayest Airline? Google it.

Many of us here feel the company has lost its direction. No real plan for the future.

My personal opinion is that commuting to reserve sucks the life out of you.

JB isn't for everyone. You know the pay rates. You know there are few retirements over the next 8 years. You know the domiciles. I'm guessing you can do the math.

Only you can make this decision.
Also making this same decision from a different regional. It's not as easy as it would seem. I'm super stoked at the opportunity, but that doesn't mean its automatically the best decision for me and my family. We are working through the decision now.
Quote: Stay at Skywest. If this is on your mind I don’t want to fly with you.
What? Seriously? Because this pilot
is trying to make the best decision he/she can and isn't drooling over JB you don't want to fly with them? Who do you want to fly with?
Crucial Conversation
This is a crucial conversation when:
1. Stakes are high;
2. Opinions varie;
3. Emotions run strong!

Thanks for your reply.
Unless your commute to would be it’s own special kind of hell, go to JetBlue. Do the math. DC% is greater than Skywest 401k match and 5th year 190 FO pay beats 20 175 CA pay.... you may not even see 5th year FO pay as you’ll likely have the opportunity to bid to the 220/320 families before then.
Quote: Unless your commute to would be it’s own special kind of hell, go to JetBlue. Do the math. DC% is greater than Skywest 401k match and 5th year 190 FO pay beats 20 175 CA pay.... you may not even see 5th year FO pay as you’ll likely have the opportunity to bid to the 220/320 families before then.
I think the reason for staying at SKW might also be for holding out for another airline. Your math is definitely correct.
To the OP, do you have 1000tpic, degree, etc? Is JB your first suitor?
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 13
Go to