If you plan to commute to work on Southwest,

Subscribe
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 18
Go to
Quote: My last 2 commutes on SWA have both had well over 10 OTA commuters going along with me, both in and out of uniform. On both flights, 2 OTA commuters were able to get FD boarding passes without any issues.

I won't try to deny or dispute other people's reports of problems because yea sometimes the system doesn't owrk, but I'm just not seeing a systemwide jumpseat meltdown over here.
It's specific crewmembers at certain airlines. For example I know 3 NK pilots with the issue 100% of the time and I've been cassed on SWA 20+ times in the last 2 months with no issue.
Quote: It's specific crewmembers at certain airlines. For example I know 3 NK pilots with the issue 100% of the time and I've been cassed on SWA 20+ times in the last 2 months with no issue.
Not sure if you know me, but I am 4 out of 4 denied in the past month.
Quote: Not sure if you know me, but I am 4 out of 4 denied in the past month.
Don't think I do, but that sucks man :/
Halleluja!! Just got cassed, after being denied 4 times in a row.
Quote: Halleluja!! Just got cassed, after being denied 4 times in a row.
Finally. Hopefully it stays that way.
I did an evening PHX-LAX-PHX turn a week ago and had several off line folks both ways. The ones that stopped up front I asked if they have been having any gate issues, and none have said yes. The word is out and guys are doing pre-push walks up to the gate to make sure nobody is left behind.
Quote: I did an evening PHX-LAX-PHX turn a week ago and had several off line folks both ways. The ones that stopped up front I asked if they have been having any gate issues, and none have said yes. The word is out and guys are doing pre-push walks up to the gate to make sure nobody is left behind.
Good on ya, thanks for that. I'm sure whatever the issue was, it'll get fixed.
How difficult is to get BWI out of training?
Quote: How difficult is to get BWI out of training?
There seem to be at least a few new pilots sent to BWI on almost every vacancy bid, so it should not be very difficult at all.
Quote: How difficult is to get BWI out of training?
Looking at a friend who finished IOE within the last couple of weeks, he's able to hold BWI or MDW right out of the gate. OAK and probably HOU would be available to him next bid.

It goes in waves... some classes, everybody goes to OAK. My class, nobody got OAK and most of us went to BWI.
2  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16 
Page 12 of 18
Go to