SWA JobExpo ... when/where/why/who

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 27
Go to
Quote: Where are some of the more popular places invitees stay? Wouldn't mind meeting up with a few of you.
Doubletree...
Quote: Doubletree...
And remember that there are SWA folks all over the place at the doubletree. Good opportunity to meet some folks. Don’t be afraid to talk to folks.
BT
Quote: And remember that there are SWA folks all over the place at the doubletree. Good opportunity to meet some folks. Don’t be afraid to talk to folks.
BT
But do be afraid to get drunk and/or act inappropriately/rudely to anyone!
Quote: But do be afraid to get drunk and/or act inappropriately/rudely to anyone!
True statement!!
Also received a Kick Tail for recommendation who was invited to both the job expo and an actual interview second week of February.

His stats:
15K TT.
8K TPIC (mostly in heavy jets).
Several Type Ratings including MD-11, B767.
Had at least 4 recommendations for the job expo.
Quote: Also received a Kick Tail for recommendation who was invited to both the job expo and an actual interview second week of February.

His stats:
15K TT.
8K TPIC (mostly in heavy jets).
Several Type Ratings including MD-11, B767.
Had at least 4 recommendations for the job expo.
I was hoping (probably foolishly) that SWA asking the pilot group for internal recs just for a job fair was perhaps a sign that the pool of super highly qualified candidates was starting to dry up a little... clearly not the case.
One of my recs got an invite to the expo. He is a corporate dude so not exclusively military.
2 out of 8 I recommended got invited to the expo. Both are regional captains, one is LCA. All 8 I recommended are regional captains, half of them LCAs. There didn't seem to be a pattern why those particular 2 got picked. They were not standing out in any way, on the contrary, I was a bit surprised those 2 got picked (not that they are not qualified, but just not the most experienced out of the group). Who knows what they're looking for...
I sent a rec for 4 Navy guys hrs ranging 1500-4000

No calls for any of them
I sent one for a Navy guy with some 121 time. Nothing as of yet.
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  18 
Page 8 of 27
Go to