Skywest or Envoy?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: "likely"? No you won't.
When was the last time a NH got LGA at Envoy? June?
Happens all the time unless you’re lucky enough to snag a 175 slot.
Quote: Better then that ask for trip sheets/ bid packs. My sked at SkyWest has been way better then my Schedule was when i was at Envoy..
Better in what way?
Quote: Happens all the time unless you’re lucky enough to snag a 175 slot.
Oh come on . Last new hire FO to LGA was what, June or July?
All the time, yeah right.
Ok, couple things. Skywest only flies CRJs in DFW, no ERJs. DFW is a new and growing base. You will hold it very soon and your seniority will move very quickly.
Envoy is no-go for me due to lack of flight time. (What's the point of going to a regional with pay / flow if you're not flying?)

That said:

if you want to fly AS MUCH AS YOU CAN as a first year ERJ hire at Skywest, what kind of hours are you logging per month/year?

CRJ time too for other people's SA, but please specify (i'm only interested in LGA base)
Quote: (What's the point of going to a regional with pay / flow if you're not flying?)
(Re flow: having a pretty-much-guaranteed major job at the end of it)

There are lots of good reasons to not go to a WO with a flow. Passing up on a flow solely because you won't fly right away is not one of those reasons.
Quote: Envoy is no-go for me due to lack of flight time. (What's the point of going to a regional with pay / flow if you're not flying?)

That said:

if you want to fly AS MUCH AS YOU CAN as a first year ERJ hire at Skywest, what kind of hours are you logging per month/year?

CRJ time too for other people's SA, but please specify (i'm only interested in LGA base)
Not flying is not a problem on the 175.
Mesa, I'm dead serious.

DFW on the CRJ, IAH on the ERJ. You can fly your ass off on both of them. Big bonus, 3x open time, training is fast and actually pretty good.

Get in, get time, get out.
Quote: Mesa, I'm dead serious.

DFW on the CRJ, IAH on the ERJ. You can fly your ass off on both of them. Big bonus, 3x open time, training is fast and actually pretty good.

Get in, get time, get out.

I would agree with the Mesa theory.. Except if Mesa losses the CRJ’s for United they will be fat 300 pilots. Anyone hired into the CRJ at just the wrong time could be years on reserve..
Envoy isn’t bad on reserve if you live in base. Commuting to it sucks. Come to our thread and you’ll be given proper education. That being said, we have a lot of growth on the 175 with the first of over forty new airplanes coming. In addition if the LAX rumors come true, that will be another twenty. The movement is fast. The flow is a nice back pocket item to have. ALPA is conservative in the flow movement and the company is optimistic. There’s a middle ground somewhere. It all comes down to if you absolutely need the flow. Are you a white male without a degree and a checkride failure? If so then you might need a flow and they might take you. If not then drink some Kool-Aide and see what Skywest has to offer. They make more and have a lot more choices for bases.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to