Vacancy 19-01

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to
Quote: Hey I'm just a solutions man!
That solution would poop all over every pilot on property. By far the most senior base being closed would create a cascading displacement that would be about as ugly as could be. It's probably why CVG has become a 100+ rooms a night "outstation" rather than a large crew base at the expense of closing MSP and DTW. The consolidation of bases isn't worth the trouble it'd cause.
Quote: That solution would poop all over every pilot on property. By far the most senior base being closed would create a cascading displacement that would be about as ugly as could be. It's probably why CVG has become a 100+ rooms a night "outstation" rather than a large crew base at the expense of closing MSP and DTW. The consolidation of bases isn't worth the trouble it'd cause.
So then maintaining the MSP base and flying through New York ain't as bad?
Quote: So then maintaining the MSP base and flying through New York ain't as bad?
Yes. The MSP-based pilots stay based in MSP because they don't want to commute. They're also super senior.

Close MSP, and those pilots will displace everyone in DTW. Those DTW pilots will displace folks in ATL and NYC. Everyone's QOL steps back significantly. The MSP pilots will have to commute, and everyone else will lose relative seniority within their base.
Quote: Yes. The MSP-based pilots stay based in MSP because they don't want to commute. They're also super senior.

Close MSP, and those pilots will displace everyone in DTW. Those DTW pilots will displace folks in ATL and NYC. Everyone's QOL steps back significantly. The MSP pilots will have to commute, and everyone else will lose relative seniority within their base.
I vote for new bases in Denver and Vegas, but I just get one vote...
Quote: Single engine taxi with a cross bleed start
Crossbleed start Checklist:

Taxi: Continue
R Thrust Lever: Bump up two millimeters
L Engine Start: Push
Quote: Crossbleed start Checklist:

* or 3 inches if in a 200.
Quote: Yes. The MSP-based pilots stay based in MSP because they don't want to commute. They're also super senior.

The solution is to move the pest to NYC more, but we all know that isn't going to happen.
Quote: The solution is to move the pest to NYC more, but we all know that isn't going to happen.
Actually... my money is on that happening. They have 170s. We don't.
Quote: Crossbleed start Checklist:

*COUGH* FADEC magic *COUGH*
Quote: *COUGH* FADEC magic *COUGH*
Imagine how many "unwitting" cross-bleed starts happen during the winter. APU is running... A/ICE is on... must happen every day.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 8
Go to