Possible Plane Order

Subscribe
34  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  54 
Page 44 of 82
Go to
Quote: At this point anything is possible. We have oceanic flight planning on Jepps now. The aircraft order is imminent and if it will make money, Atlantic or NOPAC, we will do it.
Oceanic flight planning is for new aircraft delivery purpose.
Quote: Oceanic flight planning is for new aircraft delivery purpose.
Uh ok. So you do know Spirit has been getting new Airbuses that have been delivered by Spirit pilots from Hamburg since like 2003-2004, right?

I’m sure nothing more to the OB than clarifying use of the WATRS routes for current flights between EWR, PHL, and BWI and the Caribbean.
Quote: Uh ok. So you do know Spirit has been getting new Airbuses that have been delivered by Spirit pilots from Hamburg since like 2003-2004, right?

I’m sure nothing more to the OB than clarifying use of the WATRS routes for current flights between EWR, PHL, and BWI and the Caribbean.
Pretty sure Mngmt Pilots (spirit pilots) have flown them over here as well..
Quote: Pretty sure Mngmt Pilots (spirit pilots) have flown them over here as well..
It's not the same. When I picked up new aircraft and flew them back to the USA the RVSM approval comes from the FISDO so you have to stay above the RVSM and you aren't flying into the tracks so it's not the same. It's called flying a random route. You end up flying a little further north and you don't have a wet foot print. Plus we don't have CPDLC and that's required to fly into the tracks. The days of HF are gone, it was so busy and people stepping on each other for hours. SELCAL was a god send. Flying North Atlantic is like nothing else. The busiest 4 hours of your life.
Quote: It's not the same. When I picked up new aircraft and flew them back to the USA the RVSM approval comes from the FISDO so you have to stay above the RVSM and you aren't flying into the tracks so it's not the same. It's called flying a random route. You end up flying a little further north and you don't have a wet foot print. Plus we don't have CPDLC and that's required to fly into the tracks. The days of HF are gone, it was so busy and people stepping on each other for hours. SELCAL was a god send. Flying North Atlantic is like nothing else. The busiest 4 hours of your life.
CPDLC is on the way...
Quote: It's not the same. When I picked up new aircraft and flew them back to the USA the RVSM approval comes from the FISDO so you have to stay above the RVSM and you aren't flying into the tracks so it's not the same. It's called flying a random route. You end up flying a little further north and you don't have a wet foot print. Plus we don't have CPDLC and that's required to fly into the tracks. The days of HF are gone, it was so busy and people stepping on each other for hours. SELCAL was a god send. Flying North Atlantic is like nothing else. The busiest 4 hours of your life.
I used to have to fly above NAT/ RVSM regularly- (because the boss thought he was saving $$ not getting the airplanes RVSM certified..🙃&#128579

The “random route” clearance was something like cleared via the waypoints of “track A...” I wouldn’t say we were busy at all....
Yes, YEARS ago!
If you have to fly above the nats
you have no payload to make it worth while.
Quote: CPDLC is on the way...
Just needs a good WiFi connect- oh...
Look at Scoot Airlines.... All A320 and 787’s. Didn’t their CEO say we are copying them😁
Quote: Just needs a good WiFi connect- oh...
Good form sir...CPDLC hardware coming...implementation after the Armageddon
34  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  54 
Page 44 of 82
Go to