SkyWest ?’s

Subscribe
10  50  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  70  110  160 
Page 60 of 518
Go to
Skywest ORD
Hey all,
I’m about 500 away from minimums. Very interested in Skywest and especially being based at ORD. That said, is it worth going to OO with slightly lower pay and no “big” sign on bonus or somewhere with a bit more pay and the regular sign on bonus? Considering both Skywest and PSA mainly. Though I want to live in Chicago, OO seems more intriguing with the ORD base bit PSA seems interesting having a base not too far away and having a bonus to pay back some of this flight school debt. Anyone have there own personal insight?
Thanks!
I'm still a rookie but I can tell you 2 big truths. Commuting and reserve sucks, so try to avoid both.
Go from there. ORD is our largest base, you can get it right out of training, no problem. And reserve should be 2 months or so.
About bonuses.... $7.5k if you have a type rating, otherwise nope. But you shouldn't make a choice based on a bonus in my opinion. Things like reputation, time to hold a line, etc.... That's what matters.
Now, if you are in your low 20's.....go to PSA!, sit and relax.
Quote: I'm still a rookie but I can tell you 2 big truths. Commuting and reserve sucks, so try to avoid both.
Go from there. ORD is our largest base, you can get it right out of training, no problem. And reserve should be 2 months or so.
About bonuses.... $7.5k if you have a type rating, otherwise nope. But you shouldn't make a choice based on a bonus in my opinion. Things like reputation, time to hold a line, etc.... That's what matters.
Now, if you are in your low 20's.....go to PSA!, sit and relax.
Thanks for you advice! 24y.o. I’ve had others tell me the same thing. Again, thanks!
Quote: Hey all,
I’m about 500 away from minimums. Very interested in Skywest and especially being based at ORD. That said, is it worth going to OO with slightly lower pay and no “big” sign on bonus or somewhere with a bit more pay and the regular sign on bonus? Considering both Skywest and PSA mainly. Though I want to live in Chicago, OO seems more intriguing with the ORD base bit PSA seems interesting having a base not too far away and having a bonus to pay back some of this flight school debt. Anyone have there own personal insight?
Thanks!
ORD is a base for many companies. i would personally choose a regional with an ORD base. OO, XJT, and Envoy would seem like logical choices to consider depending on what major you wanted to end up at. out of curiosity why PSA over envoy?
Brand new to the 121 world. Are we expected to know 121 regs during the interview, or will we be learning those during training?
Quote: Brand new to the 121 world. Are we expected to know 121 regs during the interview, or will we be learning those during training?
i was asked only pt. 91 regs and very few at that. lots of "how would you handle XYZ" interviewed over 3 years ago though
Are there any signs that Skywest would pull entirely out of the eastern portion of the country? Like not only LGA but also ATL and ORD?
Quote: Are there any signs that Skywest would pull entirely out of the eastern portion of the country? Like not only LGA but also ATL and ORD?

Yea that’s not going to happen.
Quote: Are there any signs that Skywest would pull entirely out of the eastern portion of the country? Like not only LGA but also ATL and ORD?
ORD is not the east.
ATL and DTW have a combined 625 pilots based there. ORD alone is over 800 more and also our largest base, so im guessing not likley. MSP is 500 more and they just opened up a 175 base there so im guessing that is safe too. ORD may shrink a bit though due to the construction coming up
10  50  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  70  110  160 
Page 60 of 518
Go to