Republic Hiring Again?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 12
Go to
Quote: Just curious... If you feel we're done growing, do you also feel the 100-jet order will be cancelled?
You know that is to 1) to replace current aircraft on property and 2) have the ABILITY to take on some additional flying IF awarded.

What bid for flying 100 additional airplanes has Republic been awarded?
Quote: You know that is to 1) to replace current aircraft on property and 2) have the ABILITY to take on some additional flying IF awarded.

What bid for flying 100 additional airplanes has Republic been awarded?
Ok, a couple of things... 1) The jet order was recently finalized, with a rough timeline for delivery now in place. Why would a company do that if there wasn’t some kind of solid (unannounced) growth on the horizon? 2) I was told by BB himself that these aircraft are not slated to replace any of our current fleet.

I’m starting to believe the previous poster who said you must be an ExpressJet recruiter. It seems pretty clear you don’t work here.
Quote: We could easily take 4/5 seats out of the E170 to add to AA and then take delivery of 76 seat E175s.
Taking the seats out is one thing. Paying Embraer to recertify the aircraft as a 65-seater is something else.
Republic Hiring Again?
Quote: Taking the seats out is one thing. Paying Embraer to recertify the aircraft as a 65-seater is something else.

Because it couldn’t be done? 175SC ring a bell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Because it couldn’t be done? 175SC ring a bell?
Of course, it can be done. Embraer would be happy to charge a premium to make it happen.
"Ok, a couple of things... 1) The jet order was recently finalized, with a rough timeline for delivery now in place. Why would a company do that if there wasn’t some kind of solid (unannounced) growth on the horizon? 2) I was told by BB himself that these aircraft are not slated to replace any of our current fleet."

You don't remember BBs C-Series order, do you?
Quote: "Ok, a couple of things... 1) The jet order was recently finalized, with a rough timeline for delivery now in place. Why would a company do that if there wasn’t some kind of solid (unannounced) growth on the horizon? 2) I was told by BB himself that these aircraft are not slated to replace any of our current fleet."

No, before my time I guess. Would love to hear about it.
Airplane orders mean nothing until those frames are on property and engaged in revenue flying. Until then its all just recruiting propaganda.
If we take delivery of any of them, it will solely be for replacement aircraft and NOT growth. There is an out clause carved into the order regarding scope. If scope relief doesn’t happen, which it appears as though it will not, we will be able to get out of the order without penalty.
Quote: "Ok, a couple of things... 1) The jet order was recently finalized, with a rough timeline for delivery now in place. Why would a company do that if there wasn’t some kind of solid (unannounced) growth on the horizon? 2) I was told by BB himself that these aircraft are not slated to replace any of our current fleet."

To be fair, the C-Series order was for Frontier. Once Frontier was sold, everyone knew we wouldn’t operate them.

But, we still have the orders for the C-Series/A220. We didn’t give them up in bankruptcy.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 12
Go to