Southern Air

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24  64 
Page 14 of 84
Go to
Quote: Training center failure rates are increasing to never before seen levels. I just acted as a mentor to the 3rd terminated new hire I am aware of.

A word of caution to those seeking the entry level wide body international gig for those follow on “juicy” cargo jobs. A failure on your record, recently, at this level will be a discussion item in your next interview. Is it worth it for a $40-60k per year 737 job (pay is based on % of 747 tonnage).

Your prospects for flow and salary are much greater at the regionals. Atlas upgrades are at a trickle, and growing longer.
Thanks for the input.

Quote: I’m done acknowledging this dude. He obviously knows the deal and is too good for his RJ. Let him grace the hallowed halls of Pan Am Miami and strut around Shenzhen. He’ll be on a 400k a year, month on, month off 777 contract with new same same earbuds this time next year. Those contract reps for Rishworth and other agencies are straight shooters.
Whatever man. The fact that you actually take time out of your day to do this is impressive. I asked a few questions of practical nature regarding a job offer, you went off on a tangent about China, my RJ flying and my supposed gullibility.

You must be fun at parties.
Montcalm, if the 777 is a must, I’d recommend Emirates. I’m sure you have the time to go in as an FO and 777 time is 777 time regardless if that type is on your FAA cert or not. When it comes to applying to a carrier at another country, they just care for the experience (where you got your type, I think, would be irrelevant). Just something to think about!
Quote: Montcalm, if the 777 is a must, I’d recommend Emirates. I’m sure you have the time to go in as an FO and 777 time is 777 time regardless if that type is on your FAA cert or not. When it comes to applying to a carrier at another country, they just care for the experience (where you got your type, I think, would be irrelevant). Just something to think about!
Another APC Career/Life coach giving advice with limited,to no knowledge of the airlines of which he speaks. Just what this site needs. Lol

Have you been to Dubai SoFloFlyer? Or just basing your recommendations on the cool Instagram pictures and videos you’ve seen? Living/working there is much different than playing tourist.

Why is Emirates parking jets and possibly trying to sub-contract out their freighter flying? Oh yeah...not enough crews. Why? You better do some research.

Southern/Atlas is no dream job. However compared to being an EK slave one might thank their lucky stars to be working for a US carrier.
SoFloFlyer... Be an educated consumer... have a read on PPrune... Middle East threads for EK discussion, and comments.
Quote: Montcalm, if the 777 is a must, I’d recommend Emirates. I’m sure you have the time to go in as an FO and 777 time is 777 time regardless if that type is on your FAA cert or not. When it comes to applying to a carrier at another country, they just care for the experience (where you got your type, I think, would be irrelevant). Just something to think about!
Do you even have an ATP?
You guys are a weird breed. You all bash Southern then defend when compared to EK?

It was an alternative to flying for Southern. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. Some people like their job at EK, just like some like their job at Southern. Besides, I’m sure the poster would do their homework before considering EK. No one is gonna jump ship from an APC post. It was just a suggestion.

Relax y’all...
Quote: Pilot recruiting numbers too low this month? Better spend some time in the forums and try to snare a few eh, Dave?
Hahahaha. Nope. I’m just happy to fly a plane that puts me in my own bed nearly half the time I’m on duty. I don’t recruit because I honestly don’t care what other pilots do with their careers and if a pilot were to make career moves based on what a bunch of anonymous douche bags say on an Internet forum, I would seriously have to question their overall decision making abilities.
Quote: You guys are a weird breed. You all bash Southern then defend when compared to EK?

It was an alternative to flying for Southern. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. Some people like their job at EK, just like some like their job at Southern. Besides, I’m sure the poster would do their homework before considering EK. No one is gonna jump ship from an APC post. It was just a suggestion.

Relax y’all...
You didn't answer my question.
Quote: You didn't answer my question.
Oops? lol

Nope.
Quote: Thought that 747 wasn’t being assigned anymore? If they were, thought those classes would at least be filled up
Just had a planned class of 747 with 27 new hire slots. 10 pilots showed up on Day One.
4  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  24  64 
Page 14 of 84
Go to