Special Tracking and PRIA

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: I don't think so, but the event that got you into tracking probably would.

Also... if you have extra formal training or checking events, those might show up on the print out. They would not show as a fail, but somebody might wonder why you had extra training.
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Update: I managed to stay out of special tracking thus far as long as I pass my checkride. Only had a scare their for a minute. Thanks for the answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Update: I managed to stay out of special tracking thus far as long as I pass my checkride. Only had a scare their for a minute. Thanks for the answers

congrats on your checkride!
Quote: Update: I managed to stay out of special tracking thus far as long as I pass my checkride. Only had a scare their for a minute. Thanks for the answers

I think you misspoke. You meant to say WHEN I pass my checkride.
Quote: I think you misspoke. You meant to say WHEN I pass my checkride.

Haha! I like the spirit! I did pass, just a few hours ago!

congrats on passing the checkride!
Just an FYI, if you are put on special track due to a FOQA or ASAP recommendation, those are not PRIA or FOIA reportable. If you have either of those programs at SkyW
Quote: Just an FYI, if you are put on special track due to a FOQA or ASAP recommendation, those are not PRIA or FOIA reportable. If you have either of those programs at SkyW
I'm trying to make sense of this statement. How can a FOQA or ASAP event lead to special tracking in training?
Quote: Just an FYI, if you are put on special track due to a FOQA or ASAP recommendation, those are not PRIA or FOIA reportable. If you have either of those programs at SkyW
Thats not special tracking. Thats a opportunity to get extra training (sim, ect) under the books and off the table...
Quote: In some cases, needing extra time might be a good selling point in an interview.
"I didn't feel comfortable doing the checkride at that point, I needed a few more pointers to nail V1 cuts, they gave me an extra session and I got it right, and I passed the extra recurrent training event no problems".
Shows good judgement.

vs.

"The company wanted to rush me and I failed my MV".

THIS. I was told that it's totally ok to take some extra sim sessions. I took two extra sessions. One for Maneuvers and the other for LOFT. All it was was just cleaning up small mistakes. Nothing that would have the instructor say "yeah you're not ready at all". Haven't seen anything about special tracking and going over 2 hours of extra sim time. Thought it was 10 hours to be put on special tracking.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to