Atlas 767 went down in Houston

Subscribe
42  82  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  102 
Page 92 of 114
Go to
Quote: Be careful with absolutes like this, because they're not correct in all circumstances. Nose low with low airspeed, and nose low with high airspeed are different conditions that require different responses.

Idle power isn't always the answer, and full power won't always increase the turn radius.
Hacker is absolutely correct with this statement. Thank you for the added clarification.

Regarding this situation, with a -49 pitch attitude, airspeed accelerating through 430 kts (nearly 100 past red line), thrust reduced to IDLE would be the proper response, and result in the least amount of continued altitude loss.
Quote: Uh huh. Tell that to the 737 Max drivers. I am not sure they will agree.

Cut switches, yes, but I don't believe the opposite control pressure for one second.
Opposite control pressure doesn’t inhibit the MCAS trimming on the 737 Max.
Quote: Outside of the fact that there is no level of experience or training that makes one insusceptible to human errors of perception, decisionmaking, or execution, you may want to consider what drives you to think that a "121 crew" is any different than any other type of pilot in terms of such errors.

I don't find that there is anything about the experience or knowledge requisites required to become a 121 pilot, or the training that a 121 pilot receives, that would make them more resistant to error than any other pilot of similar experience or training.
I’m in no way claiming that a 121 crew is above making human errors. But there is a bit of difference in the training that a professional flight crew goes through as opposed to joe private pilot. We practice severe upset recoveries in the sim so we hopefully have a better than average chance should we encounter the real thing out on the line. There’s other bits of ground school stuff too that I probably shouldn’t blather on about on a public forum. The original comment I responded to more accurately described a VFR pilot finding himself in IMC then proceeding to rip the wings off the airplane.
Word is the CA accidentally hit the TOGA button when reaching to set the flaps, then overreacted in the correction resulting in the dive. Explains the initial nose up pitch.
Quote: Opposite control pressure doesn’t inhibit the MCAS trimming on the 737 Max.
That's kind of what I thought and thus my point.

Thanks for the info.
Quote: I don't find that there is anything about the experience or knowledge requisites required to become a 121 pilot, or the training that a 121 pilot receives, that would make them more resistant to error than any other pilot of similar experience or training.

Other than 60+ years of worldwide, detailed accident investigations and analytical studies that prove P121 operations are the safest and least deadly flight operations in the world..... by a far margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.businessinsider.com/pilot-error-amazon-air-atlas-air-crash-ntsb2019-3?r=UK&IR=T
Quote: https://www.businessinsider.com/pilot-error-amazon-air-atlas-air-crash-ntsb2019-3?r=UK&IR=T
This was already posted previously
Question
Does the 76 have Autothrottle disconnect buttons on the sides of the throttles like the 73?
Quote: That's kind of what I thought and thus my point.

Thanks for the info.
Except they weren’t flying a 737max. The 767 trim does cut out when forward yolk pressure is applied. If memory serves the 747 classic did the same.
42  82  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  102 
Page 92 of 114
Go to