jetBlue rape lawsuit, filed 3/18/19

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 15
Go to
Quote: Moral of the story: slam click or go cargo. After reading the lawsuit, I don't see what the CA did wrong.
You got the right idea. Slam click is the safest way.
Quote: Their is no way you fly airplanes.
Fair point. He hasn't misspelled "there" yet, and that's the only way to be sure.
Quote: What is slam click?
I had to ask too after 19 years as an airline pilot: “slam, click” is a guy who goes to his hotel room and closes the door and deadbolts it....either to be alone, or because he’s a social pyriah. Sometimes both.
Quote: What is slam click?
Slamming your hotel room door, and clicking the deadbolt. A way of avoiding potential crew drama.
Cant imagine why anyone that flies for a living spends time on a layover with other crew members. Pilots or F/A’s. Who needs the drama. 10 years ago maybe but attitudes and integrity are twisted forever in the new victim society....
Quote: Cant imagine why anyone that flies for a living spends time on a layover with other crew members. Pilots or F/A’s. Who needs the drama. 10 years ago maybe but attitudes and integrity are twisted forever in the new victim society....
I get not hanging out with the fa, but the other pilot no way. I wish they would separate our hotels from the fas.
Quote: Cant imagine why anyone that flies for a living spends time on a layover with other crew members. Pilots or F/A’s. Who needs the drama. 10 years ago maybe but attitudes and integrity are twisted forever in the new victim society....
100%. I know I'm introverted and anti-social (and depending who you ask, an a--hole) but I just spent 8-12 hours 3 feet away from the other pilot... why the hell would the first thing I want to do when we get to the hotel for our 12 hour overnight is spend more time with said person? Let alone the FA's?

It's nothing personal but I enjoy my alone time. It's also a good way to stay out of trouble.

Besides, how much fun can you have on your 1 millionth overnight in Buffalo?
I’m old enough to remember when this job was fun.
Quote: I had to ask too after 19 years as an airline pilot: “slam, click” is a guy who goes to his hotel room and closes the door and deadbolts it....either to be alone, or because he’s a social pyriah. Sometimes both.
I don’t like the implication that I have to engage in some forced social interaction with my coworkers just because I’m in aviation. Does a vet take his vet techs out on a a Tuesday night for cocktails? Do engineers go to happy hour 3 nights in a row midweek? Accountants?

CA I flew with on a long SAN layover - We HAVE to go to the oldest bar in San Diego! I’ll buy the first pitcher. The first? How much you planning on binge drinking? Thanks but there’s a boxing gym I like to hit up when I here. I’m scheduled for a class at 6am. You’re welcome to come... funny no one ever takes me up on that.

When I’m in MSY I usually take a class at the New Orleans school of cooking - open Bloody Mary bar and free flowing keg of Abita by the way.

Sometimes I go out and sometimes I don’t. And now as CA I don’t agree with the expectation that I’m supposed to be director of the fun committee. Each situation is unique. I see nothing wrong with hanging with the crew as long as you quit drinking before you quit thinking.
Quote: I don’t like the implication that I have to engage in some forced social interaction with my coworkers just because I’m in aviation. Does a vet take his vet techs out on a a Tuesday night for cocktails? Do engineers go to happy hour 3 nights in a row midweek? Accountants?

CA I flew with on a long SAN layover - We HAVE to go to the oldest bar in San Diego! I’ll buy the first pitcher. The first? How much you planning on binge drinking? Thanks but there’s a boxing gym I like to hit up when I here. I’m scheduled for a class at 6am. You’re welcome to come... funny no one ever takes me up on that.

When I’m in MSY I usually take a class at the New Orleans school of cooking - open Bloody Mary bar and free flowing keg of Abita by the way.

Sometimes I go out and sometimes I don’t. And now as CA I don’t agree with the expectation that I’m supposed to be director of the fun committee. Each situation is unique. I see nothing wrong with hanging with the crew as long as you quit drinking before you quit thinking.
How about those of us who quit thinking years ago?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 15
Go to