New hire info

Subscribe
5  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 15 of 15
Go to
Brand new already hired question
I am brand new need help from an experienced PSA pilot.

1. I have a deadhead to CLT for my first flight. I fly into my base, can I just fly to CLT instead of my base? That would allow me to leave home a little later.

2. My last flight of the leg is a deadhead back to my base from CLT. Can I just fly from CLT home instead of flying to my base to fly home? Again getting me home much sooner?

3. Real question where can I find this information myself or who do I ask?
Quote: I am brand new need help from an experienced PSA pilot.

1. I have a deadhead to CLT for my first flight. I fly into my base, can I just fly to CLT instead of my base? That would allow me to leave home a little later.

2. My last flight of the leg is a deadhead back to my base from CLT. Can I just fly from CLT home instead of flying to my base to fly home? Again getting me home much sooner?

1: I’m a little confused on the wording so I can’t answer. Might just be all these 4AM wake ups.

2: Yes, you can self yourself home if the last leg of a trip is a DH. Meaning you don’t have to take it and you get paid (for the last one). Just make sure you call scheduling before you do.

3. It’s in our contract
I'm based in DCA. I live in Knoxville. I am scheduled to be in DCA at 09:00 to deadhead to CLT. Can I just go to CLT instead of going to DCA first?

And thank you! I will be studying that contract in the hotels for awhile.
Section 8: F2a thank you for teaching me!
Quote: I'm based in DCA. I live in Knoxville. I am scheduled to be in DCA at 09:00 to deadhead to CLT. Can I just go to CLT instead of going to DCA first?

And thank you! I will be studying that contract in the hotels for awhile.
Ah ok. Yes you can, but you don’t get paid if you ‘self yourself’ on the first leg of a trip. Don’t know why, I didn’t make the rules.
Rules are different if you are on reserve. If, as of now, they have you DH from DCA to CLT for the first part of your reserve assignment, you could always be reassigned. Therefor you are required to take the DH unless scheduling releases you from it.

Call crew scheduling and ask to "self" to CLT. They may say yes, they may say no.

Once you are a line holder, you can do this anytime that you want, as long as you notify scheduling. But not on reserve.

If you "self" to an assignment, you do not get paid for it. If you "self" home, you do get paid for it.
Quote: I am brand new need help from an experienced PSA pilot.

If this is your first flight, as is IOE, they should positive space you from you home rather than your base. If that’s the case, call scheduling and have it changed.

If you’re on reserve and this is your first reserve assignment, same as somebody else said but I’d call scheduling and see if you could self anyway.
5  11  12  13  14  15 
Page 15 of 15
Go to