Netjets vs Flexjets

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 24
Go to
To sum this thread up:

If you’ve been there awhile, it is what it is.

If you left it sucks, and

If you are a recent hire it’s awesome.
Quote: I would absolutely argue that commuting on company, from a major airport, at a 121 is going to be easier, when combined with a 4 day trip, than a 7 day work trip with NJA combined with air lining to and from. Living in base, not even in the same universe lol.
And I would absolutely agree with you. I would still prefer a company metal commute to a 4 day than an NJA covered leg to a 7 day tour. Working that many days in a row really, really, really, really sucked.
Quote: And I would absolutely agree with you. I would still prefer a company metal commute to a 4 day than an NJA covered leg to a 7 day tour. Working that many days in a row really, really, really, really sucked.
Absolutely agree. NJA was a job, not a career. Just finished a 4 day senior manning with deadhead on both ends (in first class with reimbursed WiFi). Day 2 was a 5 hour leg, day 3 was a 5:45 hour leg. 43 hours of pay. Oh, and no hotel standby.
Quote: And I would absolutely agree with you. I would still prefer a company metal commute to a 4 day than an NJA covered leg to a 7 day tour. Working that many days in a row really, really, really, really sucked.
Yep, same. I know people will argue through the teeth that day 1 and day 7 isn't a commute, but I disagree. Many seem to ignore or forget the mid tour travel insanity as well. I know that is the nature of NJA and it is what it is, but the amount of hours spent being moved in the back of a plane, train, or automobile on a 7 day tour might rival the credit a 4 our trip at an airline.
Quote: Absolutely agree. NJA was a job, not a career. Just finished a 4 day senior manning with deadhead on both ends (in first class with reimbursed WiFi). Day 2 was a 5 hour leg, day 3 was a 5:45 hour leg. 43 hours of pay. Oh, and no hotel standby.
Majors are great if you live in base, I did 2 years at CAL before getting furloughed and hated my crash pad in east jersey, but decided on not taking a job at American because I didn't want to drive 3 hours in DC traffic to get to work, took me 4.3 hours to go 40 miles yesterday in DC, hate the area and can't move so NJA is good for me, but I have full AF pension as well. All to his own!
[QUOTE=Guard;2821766 but I have full AF pension as well. All to his own![/QUOTE]

You just can’t resist bragging.... I hate flying with guys like you. You’re always bragging and showing off what you bought, or how great your kids are, and how awesome your life is.

What a bunch of pooo....

You should take a hint from a certain NJ regular on here who was a marine, also has a wife with a career and probably has 4x the money you do, and never says a word about any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: Also the only folks who work 40 hour weeks are fast food, clerks, secretaries, admins, shippers, etc. White collar people comparable to professional pilots are typically putting in significantly more hours, plus on the leash at all times. BTDT, I sure never had 8 hours/day to myself on a workday.
This ^^^

The “leash” never comes off. I never have a true break. Emails, calls on my cell, the pile of work not done on my desk. That’s one great thing about flying. When you’re done for the day and walk away from a plane you’re truly done.
Quote: Yep, same. I know people will argue through the teeth that day 1 and day 7 isn't a commute, but I disagree. Many seem to ignore or forget the mid tour travel insanity as well. I know that is the nature of NJA and it is what it is, but the amount of hours spent being moved in the back of a plane, train, or automobile on a 7 day tour might rival the credit a 4 our trip at an airline.
NetJets pay starts at 12:01 am on day one of your tour.

Airline pay starts when you successfully complete your commute and sign in. Don't make the commute don't get paid.

This further highlights the fact that it is nearly impossible to compare the two jobs.
Quote: NJA is good for me, but I have full AF pension as well. All to his own!
And this ^^
No offense to the military but too many of you all (and retired airlines) bring the mentality that this is a “Great retirement job” or “I have my pension and my wife makes a ton so I don’t need any more money”.
Take that attitude and shove it!
It is not helping your fellow pilots who want or need to make more and everyone should strive for market level +
No matter what your circumstance.
Speaking of bragging...many moons ago when NJA decided 500 pilots were too many they had a physical altercation breakout on the plane when a certain Falcon captain was bragging about upgrading his boat to the FO who had just received notification he was being laid off. This certain captain also loved to brag about his BMW M series cars and how he never owned one long enough to have the oil changed....

Some people, you place them in first class but you can not teach them class.
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  23 
Page 13 of 24
Go to