Dickson nomination held up due to safety laws

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to
I've spent the last 20 years in Central America, I truly believe Americans have no idea how much trouble they are in. Seat belt sign "On."
Interesting podcast talking about tuition in America. President of Purdue making some waves in the higher education world. Will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

The $1.5 Trillion Question: How to Fix Student-Loan Debt? (Ep. 377) - Freakonomics Freakonomics

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...=1561693430907
If you can "clep out" of some college courses (say, the first two years of spanish, or college pre-calc), it logically follows that you should be able to clep out of nearly ALL of it.

Imagine being able to test out of 95% of your college courses, and still get a degree that carries the weight of the 4-year done in 5-year (because dad's paying for it, and real life is hard).

Never happen, of course. But it should. Plenty of studies out there demonstrating most college grads come out knowing less than when they started.
Quote: Here's how free college would go:
(Before)
tuition $15,000/year
room & board $7,000/year
(After)
tuition $0/year
room & board $22,000/year
Also known as the Hope scholarship in Georgia.
Quote: I've spent the last 20 years in Central America, I truly believe Americans have no idea how much trouble they are in. Seat belt sign "On."
Why? Because everyone from where you’ve spent the last 20 years is trying to get here?
Somebody needs to change the thread title. Maybe ‘Dickson-Democrat or Republican, and thoughts on college tuition’.
Quote: Somebody needs to change the thread title. Maybe ‘Dickson-Democrat or Republican, and thoughts on college tuition’.
Thread drift is sacred here.
Quote: Why? Because everyone from where you’ve spent the last 20 years is trying to get here?
They are basically unemployable. I am leaving for the same reason Americans left Havana and Caracas. I am too old to shoot it out with the little fellas.
3  9  10  11  12  13 
Page 13 of 13
Go to