Dickson nomination held up due to safety laws

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 13
Go to
Quote: There we go throwing that Captain title around!
Is she not a Captain?

I dunno, I read her books. She also keeps a regularly updated blog. I don't think she comes off as a bipolar type.
Quote: Wondering the same thing.
It had to do with safety reporting at DL. She haaaaaaates Delta with a passion. Took no more SOPA/SMAC and NATCO very personally.

Her books were her passive aggressive way of not so subtly getting her beef out with delta.
Quote: Is she not a Captain?

I dunno, I read her books. She also keeps a regularly updated blog. I don't think she comes off as a bipolar type.
She was a 747-400 F/O when I was - we never flew together. She surplused to 777 F/O. She could be a captain in a number of categories; I’m a 7ER/A and she’s a bit senior to me. Well-spoken and personable in my observation. Can’t speak to the details of her situation. But if you want to be scared, read the depositions DPA is circulating. Evidently a case for “instability” can be based on addressing our CEO by his first name. If the “undue familiarity” standard were to be extrapolated from legal proceedings, look for a new video series titled “Ask Mr. Bastian Anything!”
Quote: It had to do with safety reporting at DL. She haaaaaaates Delta with a passion. Took no more SOPA/SMAC and NATCO very personally.

Her books were her passive aggressive way of not so subtly getting her beef out with delta.
Got it. Thanks. I’ve seen the type (to a lesser degree) around here. I can imagine a scenario where you question someone’s mental status/ability to do this job. Steve D always seemed like an awesome guy. Hope this doesn’t hurt his chances.
Quote: It had to do with safety reporting at DL. She haaaaaaates Delta with a passion. Took no more SOPA/SMAC and NATCO very personally.

She's also at war with Front End Deadhead Deviations, particularly for Int'l flights, and with Green Slips

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Dickson nomination held up due to safety laws

Any idea what the catalyst for her hatred of Delta was?

...or has this been discussed on this forum before we don’t have to rehash the entire conversation?

GP
Quote: She was a 747-400 F/O when I was - we never flew together. She surplused to 777 F/O. She could be a captain in a number of categories; I’m a 7ER/A and she’s a bit senior to me. Well-spoken and personable in my observation. Can’t speak to the details of her situation. But if you want to be scared, read the depositions DPA is circulating. Evidently a case for “instability” can be based on addressing our CEO by his first name. If the “undue familiarity” standard were to be extrapolated from legal proceedings, look for a new video series titled “Ask Mr. Bastian Anything!”
There are always two sides to every story. The pilot's version is out via the DPA. The company has not put out their side. I highly doubt they will match. Where is the truth? Usually it is somewhere in between.

But I question whether using the CEO by his first name was the basis for an evaluation. Thousands of pilots would have been called in. OK, at least ONE other. Can anyone identify another?
Quote: There are always two sides to every story. The pilot's version is out via the DPA. The company has not put out their side. I highly doubt they will match. Where is the truth? Usually it is somewhere in between.

But I question whether using the CEO by his first name was the basis for an evaluation. Thousands of pilots would have been called in. OK, at least ONE other. Can anyone identify another?

And an entire “Luv” airline that calls their founder Herb. If the first name bit is in fact what started the whole instability accusation from the company, I think it’s obvious they were desperate to get rid of her because that’s as thin an accusation as there probably is.
The problem wasnt the 'Ed'
it was the omission of the titular honorarium of 'Captain'.
Quote: She's also at war with Front End Deadhead Deviations, particularly for Int'l flights...
She must hate making free money.

Quote: Steve D always seemed like an awesome guy.
From what I've always heard, he was awesome, if you were one of his boys...

Quote: Any idea what the catalyst for her hatred of Delta was?
She's fNWA? Everything NWA did was better.

Quote: There are always two sides to every story.
3 sides...side A, side B and the truth.

Quote: But I question whether using the CEO by his first name was the basis for an evaluation. Thousands of pilots would have been called in. OK, at least ONE other. Can anyone identify another?
Ya, that's really stretching for something there. Almost everyone I talk to refers to the CEO by his first name. He the CEO, not God.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 4 of 13
Go to