Any questions for pilot/recruiter?

Subscribe
37  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  57  97 
Page 47 of 112
Go to
Quote: Live in base. Single. Probably 3-6 months to hold a line. Big reason is dodging the 2+ years of reserve as a captain. Forced upgrades are here at my current regional so life would be good for the 1 year as a FO line holder
Given that you live in base, I wouldn’t make a lateral move
Quote: Given that you live in base, I wouldn’t make a lateral move
would live in base for republic as well. Same base.
Quote: would live in base for republic as well. Same base.
Ahhh okay. Definitely do what you feel is right. Just as a data point, sat through a webinar with DL on their pilot hiring presentation and they said that lateral moves bring up questions, but definitely not a deal breaker.

That was a few months ago and things can definitely change. Heck, that outlook might completely change, so take that with a grain of salt!
Quote: Ahhh okay. Definitely do what you feel is right. Just as a data point, sat through a webinar with DL on their pilot hiring presentation and they said that lateral moves bring up questions, but definitely not a deal breaker.

That was a few months ago and things can definitely change. Heck, that outlook might completely change, so take that with a grain of salt!
ahhh good to know, will probably just wait it out for a LCC then
Quote: ahhh good to know, will probably just wait it out for a LCC then
is ORD still shrinking for you guys? I have apps out everywhere at the LCC’s, but if that doesn’t happen, when my dumpster fire of an airline goes under I need to decide where to go…
Quote: is ORD still shrinking for you guys? I have apps out everywhere at the LCC’s, but if that doesn’t happen, when my dumpster fire of an airline goes under I need to decide where to go…
My initial response to this was a warning to stay far far away and go to SKW if you’re interested in Chicago (for upgrading at least), But after seeing the absolute shocker of the Captain Vacancy bid that came out this morning, I say it’s looking great. ORD’s most junior CA will soon be a 10/2018 hire. The company finally figured out people are tired of commuting once they upgrade.
Quote: My initial response to this was a warning to stay far far away and go to SKW if you’re interested in Chicago (for upgrading at least), But after seeing the absolute shocker of the Captain Vacancy bid that came out this morning, I say it’s looking great. ORD’s most junior CA will soon be a 10/2018 hire. The company finally figured out people are tired of commuting once they upgrade.
Wow, never thought I'd see that day for Republic. I know you guys aren't doing DEC's, but how quickly would someone with the 1,000 121 be able to upgrade at Republic?
How long after the in-person interview does it take to receive and offer, assuming they liked you?
Quote: How long after the in-person interview does it take to receive and offer, assuming they liked you?
I don't know if they liked me, but I got a call exactly a week later with a cjo
Quote: lhow quickly would someone with the 1,000 121 be able to upgrade at Republic?
Virtually immediately, assuming they meet the 2500 hour TT mandated by the company.
37  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  57  97 
Page 47 of 112
Go to