vacancy 19-12 to open 19July

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to
Quote: Just curious, how long for a new hire to hold ORD at this point?
Looks like the junior 737 FO that got to ORD via a vacancy bid is about 600 numbers from the bottom of the seniority list. That translates into well over a year. (there is one pilot that is junior that got in via a base trade) The junior 320 FO is just under 400 numbers from the bottom of the list, so just under a year on the property.

Now, this Fall/Winter/Spring is supposed to be eye watering on the bid front. Hopefully some of the recently announced used 737-700 and incoming used A319s, will be used in ORD to upgrade from 70 seaters, while 70 seaters upgrade former 50 seat routes, and 50 seaters leave.

I am also hopeful there will be addtional WB routes announced, but by saying so out loud I will likely get brought in for a psych screening or at least a drug test.

If any of the optimism that is floating around UA right now happens to find its way to the Midwest rather than a coast, the movement at ORD could improve quickly. There was a time (I am getting too damn old) that ORD was where new hires got "forced" to go!

2.5 years seniority to hold 756 in ORD. Quite a few of us waiting to get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the write-up and info, guys.
Quote:
There was a time (I am getting too damn old) that ORD was where new hires got "forced" to go!
New hires went directly to ORD on the “panel”.......do not pass go, do not collect $200.....
What? United has a pilot base in ORD?
Quote: What? United has a pilot base in ORD?
Not for long. I’m guessing they will shut it down and move it to CLE.
Clearly, you have this schiiiiiiiise figured out. You'll probably age gracefully in this profession. Congrats.
SNAP is out!

JR 737 SFO CAPT Jan 2017 320 SFO FEB 2017

777 FO SFO less then 1 year. Point of reference 777 IAH is 25 years.
Quote: SNAP is out!

Oh thank goodness. Movement in SFO. Now maybe the February 2019 SFO 757 new hire that was squawking about not having a line yet as an Alaska Captain sat on the JS last week will finally get one.
Quote: SNAP is out!

How refreshing for all those poor souls in SFO! Those guys have been getting the shaft for far too long. Let’s all hope this ray of sunshine is the beginning to the end of their long suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 3 of 8
Go to