New changes that started yesterday.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Looks like some of the new NEOs have CPDLC. I wonder how long that will take to get approved... Or will it end up like the foot warmers?
They said back in August Recurrent GS that all deliveries from September on will have it installed , but they wanted at least 10 to start using it so I’m guessing sometime next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s going to be a thing going forward. Like ADB-S. At some point all airliners are going to have to play the game. Likely sooner than later.

Getting planes equipped for it isn’t surprising at all.
Quote: It’s going to be a thing going forward. Like ADB-S. At some point all airliners are going to have to play the game. Likely sooner than later.

Getting planes equipped for it isn’t surprising at all.
I'm still getting used to LORAC-N
Quote: I'm still getting used to LORAC-N
Nice catch. It’s what happens when you’re dealing either Lorax and WALL-E all day.
I just do what I use to do, just study the flows prior to a PC then online do what makes sense. I will let F/O’s load the box if their leg otherwise, I haven’t changed anything yet I still accomplish the required items
Quote: I just do what I use to do, just study the flows prior to a PC then online do what makes sense. I will let F/O’s load the box if their leg otherwise, I haven’t changed anything yet I still accomplish the required items
Sounds like a standardization nightmare....
Quote: Looks like some of the new NEOs have CPDLC. I wonder how long that will take to get approved... Or will it end up like the foot warmers?
How do you get ATC departure clearances in the US without CPDLC?
Quote: How do you get ATC departure clearances in the US without CPDLC?
CPDLC is not the same as PDC, which is what we use in the US For clearances
Quote: I just do what I use to do, just study the flows prior to a PC then online do what makes sense. I will let F/O’s load the box if their leg otherwise, I haven’t changed anything yet I still accomplish the required items
Yeah, why follow SOP, I will just do it my way. Who cares the FOs have to carry a little notebook around with every captains "SOP".....
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to