Flow contract question

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to
Quote: You must be a Captain in good standing for 2 years, that's pretty much it, plus wait the other 5 years for your number to come up.
Just as a reminder, current calculations have this month's new hire flow time at 8.5-10.3 years from now.

That being said, I believe that number is totally worthless because there's no way the flow will remain unchanged for a decade. I don't know if there will even be regional airlines in ten years.

I think PSA is a pretty great place and I'd probably still be here if we didn't have the flow. There's some issues that need fixing here but overall it's a solid regional.
Quote: Just as a reminder, current calculations have this month's new hire flow time at 8.5-10.3 years from now.

That being said, I believe that number is totally worthless because there's no way the flow will remain unchanged for a decade. I don't know if there will even be regional airlines in ten years.

I think PSA is a pretty great place and I'd probably still be here if we didn't have the flow. There's some issues that need fixing here but overall it's a solid regional.
Pretty sure that at least a year of that estimate will be knocked off in the next few months with all of the upcoming interviews and class dates that people around here are starting to get. We have had relatively low attrition (about 35 per month) for awhile now, and have a pool of highly qualified pilots that are ready to jump elsewhere.

Our biggest problem is that flow creates laziness. Many qualified pilots do not have their apps out because they are just patiently waiting for the flow. Once you are a line holder, can have whatever schedule you want because of SAP, and pay/QOL is pretty good, it is easy to just cruise for the last year or two until the flow.
Quote: Pretty sure that at least a year of that estimate will be knocked off in the next few months with all of the upcoming interviews and class dates that people around here are starting to get. We have had relatively low attrition (about 35 per month) for awhile now, and have a pool of highly qualified pilots that are ready to jump elsewhere.

Our biggest problem is that flow creates laziness. Many qualified pilots do not have their apps out because they are just patiently waiting for the flow. Once you are a line holder, can have whatever schedule you want because of SAP, and pay/QOL is pretty good, it is easy to just cruise for the last year or two until the flow.
I have heard 20+ LCAs currently have interviews at one of the big 3 or FedEx/UPS in the coming month. Attrition will continue to increase despite the recent pay raise.
What is the DOH for the ones flowing in Sept/Oct?
How many flow each month?
DOH will be around March of '14. Ten flow every month that AA hires. This year, about 6% of the PSA pilot group will flow to AA...110 maximum, since AA didn't have any new hires in August.
Probably will start to see a little more spread as two-year captain requirement comes into play
Quote: I have heard 20+ LCAs currently have interviews at one of the big 3 or FedEx/UPS in the coming month. Attrition will continue to increase despite the recent pay raise.
My immediate goal is to finish my Bachelor's and try to get out before my flow date.

Seniority is everything, I don't know why anyone wouldn't try their hardest to get hired outside the flow. That makes absolutely no sense.
Quote: My immediate goal is to finish my Bachelor's and try to get out before my flow date.

Seniority is everything, I don't know why anyone wouldn't try their hardest to get hired outside the flow. That makes absolutely no sense.
It’s easy to get comfortable. I’m guilty of it myself. Do I try as hard to get out of the regionals as I would if I didn’t have the flow? No, I don’t. Then again several of my friends have spent thousands on job fairs and interview prep to no avail. But you don’t know if you don’t try, that’s for sure.
Quote: My immediate goal is to finish my Bachelor's and try to get out before my flow date.

What makes no sense is to think that everyone at PSA (or other regionals) has the identical life situation, perspective and goals that you do. Believe it or not there might be a few good reasons to stay put at PSA (emphasis on the word 'few'). Most should move on as quickly as possible but some will stay because it makes sense to them.
Quote: What makes no sense is to think that everyone at PSA (or other regionals) has the identical life situation, perspective and goals that you do. Believe it or not there might be a few good reasons to stay put at PSA (emphasis on the word 'few'). Most should move on as quickly as possible but some will stay because it makes sense to them.
Cool your heels sunshine, this is a chat forum not a Master's Thesis that elucidates all possibilities.

In other words, one with a high enough ASVAB score to enter the US Army should be able determine that what I said would only apply to people that want to leave.

Some people need to put 2 + 2 in a calculator I guess... or hit a soft spot...
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 4 of 5
Go to