Delays and reporting

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to
Pilot Mobile and the United App show a 1:05 delay (late inbound aircraft). What's the best course of action for report time? Assuming no contact from scheduling for reset, etc. can you just report at a time based on the advertised delay?

It's the start of a trip, so there's no transportation from hotel to deal with, but what if there were? Does that change things?

Is this spelled out anywhere?

TIA
Quote: Pilot Mobile and the United App show a 1:05 delay (late inbound aircraft). What's the best course of action for report time? Assuming no contact from scheduling for reset, etc. can you just report at a time based on the advertised delay?

It's the start of a trip, so there's no transportation from hotel to deal with, but what if there were? Does that change things?

Is this spelled out anywhere?

TIA
They could always do a plane swap last minute...might get caught with your pants down if you stay home an extra hour.
Quote: They could always do a plane swap last minute...might get caught with your pants down if you stay home an extra hour.
Good point. Thanks
For serious delays I call scheduling and ask if they think that delay will stick and tell them I will plan on arriving about an hour before the delayed departure. For a delay of 2 hours or less I don’t even bother, I just head to the airport. As stated, the swap will screw you.
I thought once they post a delay passengers can see, they will not leave earlier. As a lot of PAX will then miss the flight.
Be careful talking to scheduling before FDP start. That’s a good recipe for a soft start.
Question....
You’re sitting ops 20-30 min before report time. (Traffic was light or you commuted in 1+ hour ago)...

Phone rings from scheduling...

A) It’s ok to answer because you’re in ops and have shown?
B) It’s not ok to answer, because it is before show time... so you “have not shown”?
You fly ......... they manage.
Show up at show time.......
Quote: Question....
You’re sitting ops 20-30 min before report time. (Traffic was light or you commuted in 1+ hour ago)...

Phone rings from scheduling...

A) It’s ok to answer because you’re in ops and have shown?
B) It’s not ok to answer, because it is before show time... so you “have not shown”?
You are not alive until show time.

Let it go to VM and see if it is worth your call back.
Quote: I thought once they post a delay passengers can see, they will not leave earlier. As a lot of PAX will then miss the flight.
That’s the flag for me. Yesterday I tapped the “where is this aircraft coming from” and it had diverted. UAL App said late, stayed at hotel and went to dinner. Surprisingly, also got a courtesy VM from scheduling saying stay at hotel.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 6
Go to